Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What are the comfiest MTB shorts you'd happily ride in all day?
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

As title….

I’m looking for some shorts for longs rides…Cheers..

aP
    Free Member

rapha bib shorts

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Generally some comfy bibs and whatever shorts over the top?

Had various pairs over the years, so depends what you want, baggies? lycra?

dovebiker

Castelli Endurance X2 bib shorts with choice of over-short if needed – Gore AlpX are current faves

Klunk
    Free Member

fox sergeants

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This will now become a long list of what I own….

What’s wrong with what you have and what’s important to you and budget.

andyrm
    Free Member

Sportful bibs without the bib bit, and Alpinestars Drop 2 baggies. Perfect.

mrhoppy

Decent bib shorts under waterproof 3/4s if it might be wet or Sombrio Highlines if it’s OK.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Decent lycra bibs. Assos. Gore.

bob_summers

+1 bibs. If I’m wearing shorts over, I like the Decathlon ones (BTwin 700, 18 quid on sale atm). They are stretchy fabric so I go a size smaller so they don’t snag on anything, or weigh a ton when wet. But mainly just bibs.

zinaru
    Free Member

i really love my specialized atlas xc shorts. they have a built in bib.

i also really rate mavic red rock shorts but for warm summer ays which seems a million miles away at the moment…

Northwind

All of em? Never had a pair of cycling shorts that I wouldn’t tbh. All it really needs is good fit and no seams in stupid places.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Madison Zenith for me. Also Madison flux for summer and addicts in winter. Madison are ace. Got some poc flows for crimbo which are very nice too…

doug_basqueMTB.com

Really depends on the temperatures no? For my normal day to day riding I love the Mavic Crossmax shorts and the liners are really, really comfy too. For colder days they´re fine for me but I´ll typically wear kneepads all day as well. They dry fast and something really important for me is the pockets as I can carry bars, phones etc in there which makes a big difference for me.

I´ve some shorts I wouldn´t like to do long rides in, especially if i was planning on breaking a sweat. Also some liners are really, really rubbish and don´t deal well with sweaty bawbags.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What are the comfiest MTB shorts you'd happily ride in all day?’ is closed to new replies.