Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What are the best MTB Grips
  • neiloxford
    Free Member

Looking for some soft ones for my wife…very soft rubber…

Clobber
    Free Member

Esi silicon

ton

esi

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Chunky ESI silicon.

Taff
    Free Member

I used to like the specialized lock ons but recently couldn’t get on with them. Now using the ESI grips and love them. Also come in 2 different thicknesses if I’m not mistaken so would suit your mrs perhaps?

Kato

I like ODI Rogue

Rickos
    Free Member

Like Taff says, the ESI grips come in chunky and racer, so if she has small, feminine, lovely hands then the thinner ones might be good. Renthal make some soft sticky ones too, but I suspect the answer lies in ESI as said above many times.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Sounds like the ESI silicone’s win out 🙂

neiloxford
    Free Member

Thanks Rickos, the racer version sounds like the winner.

Rickos
    Free Member

Buy them from Charlie the Bikemonger. He sends sweets, old skool style – fruit salad and black jacks!

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/esi-grips-racers-edge-silicone-mtb-grips-2240-p.asp

bwaarp
    Free Member

Wired Renthal grips

Frankers
    Free Member

I tried the ESI grips and love the feel but they only lasted around 4-5 months until they look completely shagged

andymc06
    Free Member

+1 ODI Rogues

stevede
    Free Member

Renthal lock ons come in a super soft compound. Love my non lock on Kevlar renthal grips, the best grips I’ve used, will have to wait for my Kevlar lock ons to arrive before passing judgement on those. Another old fave of mine are odi ruffians once they are Almost worn out!

kiwijohn

Ritchey WCS

HermanShake
    Free Member

Have a look at ODI Crosstrainers:

Crap name, excellent grip. I really liked Ruffians but was getting callouses and didn’t want to lose that magical ODI tackiness. The fins smoosh in a gentle way that doesn’t shift your hand in/out like a normal mushroom grip. Not too thick, not too thin, juuuuust right.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What are the best MTB Grips’ is closed to new replies.