Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What are the best AM cranks for single chainring 29er?
  • buckettj
    Free Member

I have a Yeti SB95 29er 🙂 and want to run 1×10. Am thinking will get a 31t or 32t front chainring (run a 34t 1×10 on my 26er at moment)

Question is, what are the best AM 175mm cranks that will be compatible with this? Added complication is that I already have a Hope bottom bracket which seems to have limited compatibility (ie. I’ve been told that e-thirteen cranks arent compatible…..).

I’m looking at:

-SRAM XO (but need Truvativ adaptor to work with Hope BB and they dont appear to produce anything less than 34t)
    -Race Face SixC (but stupidly expensive!)

Any other options out there??!

Gotama
    Free Member

Raceface Turbine look nice. I’m tempted by a set and they’re not that pricey either.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Shimano XT?

Buy the double if you don’t intend to use a bash, tripple if you do.

allthegear
    Free Member

Anything wrong with Middleburn? They guarantee their RS7 cranks for everything I believe…

Rachel

partyboy1101
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a Shimano Zee to mine, albeit 36t and running singlespeed. Very pleased.

buckettj
    Free Member

great, thanks for suggestion sguys!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

XTR?

I’ve never really “got” carbon cranks – heel scuffing and constant rock strikes if you’re doing genuine AM stuff.

I’ve got a set of second hand M970s on my Uzzi which get some serious abuse and so far have held up really well, including pedal strikes violent enough to bend the pedal axle. They look like sh!t now, but still work fine.

Middleburns are a bit porky from memory – heavier and more ££ than XT. Frankly unless you have money to burn, it’s very difficult to find anything significantly better than XT….

messiah
    Free Member

“Best” and “XTR” go together like oatcakes and cheese 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What are the best AM cranks for single chainring 29er?’ is closed to new replies.