Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What are tags all about?
  • supertramp
    Free Member

I have noticed tags at the top of topics but I don’t know what they are for or why they are there? often they are statements that seem to make sense only to the person who added the tag, for example: On the ‘are you single?’ topic the tag is ‘I wish I was’ no is that a statement of longing on behalf of the tag author or some veiled critique of the OP of the topic ( in this case me) I must admit they often leave me a bit lost and wondering what they mean and why they are there at all?

Any ideas?

wwaswas

they’re designed to make searchign easier but are often used to make anon (but not the the mods) comments on a thread.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought they were for searching, but I Wish I Was reveals nothing on a site search or Google:
    I Wish I Was

So they must just be for bottleless little twerps to anonymously make their feelings known…

cynic-al
    Free Member

They are designed for anonymous bullying.

supertramp
    Free Member

If they are just bullying comments they sort of backfire as they are often meaningless, unless they are overtly rude there is a good chance the message will not get across. So all in all a waste of time?

donsimon
    Free Member

They are designed for anonymous bullying.

How does that work then?

I still stand behind the idea that the OP should be the only one who can add tags. As an additional poster you can suggest tags publicly or the OP can choose something from the thread that will help. Mostly they’re quite boring. But I still don’t see the bullying element. There is a little trick to keep the bullies at bay. 😉

supertramp
    Free Member

go on then, what’s the trick?

donsimon
    Free Member

You’ll have to work it out for yourself. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So they must just be for bottleless little twerps to anonymously make their feelings known…

This – though I notice less of it recently. I think they’re being modded a bit more strictly as things had gone a bit far with them.

I added my own favourite above…

supertramp
    Free Member

cheers, if I could do that I wouldn’t be asking! 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

And the winner is “what about my it?” , well it’s my current favourite from above supertramp. 😆

supertramp
    Free Member

now I’m really lost 😕

supertramp
    Free Member

I just googled felching, you have very strange tastes! I didn’t dare to press the ‘images’ button!

DezB
    Free Member

I wish I was

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

…in Carrickfergus 😉

supertramp
    Free Member

Now I’m confused and a little scared 😥

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What are tags all about?’ is closed to new replies.