Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What are flat spd shoes for?
  • FOG

Not being snarky, just curious. I was looking at the Teva shoes reviewed in issue 83 and liked the look of them but then wondered when would I use them? I have flat and spd shoes to use on diff pedals and diff bikes but would definitely expect to be able to walk in them. Is it just a fashion thing for those who don’t like the disco slipper or trainer look?

binners

I ride to work in mine, then when I get there, they’re just like having a normal pair of trainers on. So I can keep them on comfortably all day, without walking like someone with rickets, and looking like a complete flod. Same applies for riding to the pub. Or anywhere else where its advantagious not to look like you’ve got a Victorian disease, that require the use of some weird orthopedic shoes 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’m increasingly tempted by some of the Converse hightops from Retrofitz for that reason, Binners.

binners

Now they are cool!!!!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Definitely!

They’ll do any shoes you like – check their website – but do a few specific trainers that they list on their site.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I know it is very niche but the kit seems a bit pricey. Tempted to convert some Dunlop Green Flash or Converse Slims.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Yep me too – if they were half that price, I’d have three or four converted pairs of shoes by now!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

for riding loose, stamping into my mallets out of a loose corner is good, clip when I’m settled but ride properly until then.

Edric64
    Free Member

Dont they replace the shank to actually make the shoes stiff enough for riding in ? Otherwise a Converse is still an overpriced floppy dap

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What are flat spd shoes for?’ is closed to new replies.