Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What are 2.1″ 70a high rollers like?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Got some new 2.1″ 70a high rollers in the garage that i picked up in a shop before christmas and didn’t get used due to mud tyres being flavour of the month.
    Borrowed my friends pair of 60a 2.35 rollers and they were real nice. lovely grip on the corners of the 4x track. felt really slow on the road section of my local ride.

What advantages/disadvantages will I see in with 2.1/70a?
    Faster rolling?
    Not as grippy (but still high roller standard? or noticeably less?)
    Would it be skittery on descents? I do like to hammer my bike down loose rocky descents.

Bonty mud-x are still on from the winter and considering getting 2.35 60a high rollers due to monthly trips to cwmcarn/afan.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Naturally they will be faster rolling as they’re lighter but won’t grip as well as the 2.35s as the knobs are smaller!

I have some 2.1 exception series ones on the front at the moment and really like them. Seem to have been good in a variety of conditions and not too skittery in mud.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got some 2.1″ 70a Advantage (the el cheapo halfrauds ones) on my HT at the moment and they’re pretty damm good on woodland trails and trail centre hard pack.

Ultimatley not as grippy as the 2.35″ HR’s but considerably faster rolling

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I found the 2.1 high rollers better (grippier) all round than the 2.1 advantages. Esp on the front.

adstick
    Free Member

small, comparatively, so much more ‘xc’ than 2.35s.

househusband

I found the 2.1 high rollers better (grippier) all round than the 2.1 advantages

Are the 2.1 HR’s any smaller than the 2.1 Advantages? My understanding is that Maxxis have revised tyre sizing; newer designs (like the Advantage) are more realistic in terms of size than older (High Roller) designs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What are 2.1″ 70a high rollers like?’ is closed to new replies.