Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • What an absolute fool .
  • jools182
    Free Member

part of the reason I’m glad I have no interest in football

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a dickhead. Totally insensitive. And he’s ruined his club’s video too. Such a shame for all the other people involved. 🙁

loddrik
    Free Member

You should try a Liverpool v the scum game. Munich is definitely ‘on the menu’

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

The guy is obviously a ****, but is that an arrestable offence now, really?

Scary stuff if it is.

donsimon
    Free Member

That’ll be the famous scouse humour for you, bless ’em.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jools182 – Member
    part of the reason I’m glad I have no interest in football

Agreed. It’s scary how much vile racism, hatred and just horrible behaviour the game attracts. A shame, as it should be a marvellous sport.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It is a marvellous sport Flashy. It always will be. T’will take more than a few idiots ruining it for the rest of us. Have a look round the World, and see the enjoyment the game brings to millions and millions of people. It’s unsurprising, therefore, that you will find a minority of nasty scum amongst all the other decent folk who enjoy the sport.

As a Liverpool fan, I think it’s disgusting that anyone can revel in the deaths of players or fans of any club. I have no affiliation whatsoever with the mindless yobs, be they Liverpool ‘fans’ or whatever, who think it’s amusing to do so.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I agree with Elfin. It’s like blaming the troubles on religion.

Glad to see you are not aligning yourself with the crims Fred, you’ve got to keep that moral bar high 🙄

ton

football…………a game played by idiot’s
    watched by bigger idiot’s 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

… compared with “wriggle & run”, eh? 😉

ton

obviously john………. 😆

Flaperon

Agree with the total ban by the club, but what on earth has he done to justify arrest? Might be stretching anti-terror legislation a bit far, methinks.

andrewh
    Free Member

Clearly not from Glasgow…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Fool especially as the event was so recent, much more so than the 1 world cup and 2 world wars, ‘cos that’s ok ‘cos like the folks who died there were foreign.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Agreed. It’s scary how much vile racism, hatred and just horrible behaviour the game attracts.

A bit like hunting.

julianwilson
    Free Member

A bit like hunting.

😆

*awaits picture of token BME huntsperson to be posted….

Coyote
    Free Member

Tool.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As a lifelong Leeds fan I have been to many Manyuu matches and flatly refuse to join in in the mocking and the ‘stand up if you hate manyuu’. So much so I had a fellow Leeds fan (a 60+ woman) yell abuse at me and accuse me of being a Manyuu fan at one match.

This is even though I had held a season ticket in the same seat for many years and said hello to her every match as we knew all the people around us very well.

I ABHOR that side of football.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

The man from Crawley was arrested under the Public Order Act on suspicion of causing harassment, alarm or distress

Sussex Police later confirmed that they had arrested the fan, who would not be permitted to travel to Manchester for the match on Saturday

Sounds like he was arrested to make a point and stop the situation in its tracks before it escaleted into something else. Arresting him gave the police justification to make sure he would be no where near the match.

spacemonkey

As mentioned already football has many parallels with religion, hence it suffers many of the same fundamentalist-type issues.

Plenty of idiots, bigots, xenophobes etc in all walks of life; football and religion just happen to bring many of them together.

spacemonkey

The man from Crawley

Plenty of his type in Crawley. One of the true shit holes within this country.

cynic-al
    Free Member

andrewh – Member

Indeed…Lisburn actually, just down from Theipval barracks.

binners

I think all this nonsense is just a hangover from the darker days of football. Thankfully its getting a smaller and smaller minority all the time.

Apparently certain teams are meant to despise each other, but whenever you go to these supposed grudge matches, 99% is really good-natured, if at times fairly close-to-the-bone banter. In fact a decent football chant can be the work of creative genius 😀

BermBandit
    Free Member

Football supporter = Mindless Moron Shocker!

but wheres the sense of proportion in this?

10/10 Crawley Town quite right
    10/10 Old bill to stop the twot travelling.

All the rest is a bit OTT don’t you think?

Haze

Some people are idiots, many others are not.

The vile racism, hatred and horrible behaviour is what I go for.

Got to have some entertainment if you support Sheffield United. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I wondered how much humour you have about Heysel or Hillsborough. Sadly football brings out the worst in so many people it is often embarrassing to admit you watch /support the game
    saddens me
    Agree m-f support your own team with pride and passion but dont ever hate other teams

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Is it still ok to not like Wenger and Cesc Fibreglass?

Haze

I think Loddrik’s comment was an observation?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i was at the San Siro last ngiht for Spurs Vs AC Milan, sat in the mixed seating.

Fantastic atmosphere, apart from one spurs fan who was being a complete penis. lots of overt anti-milan sentiments, turning round and jeering at their fans – creating a lot of tension in the area. i genuinely wouldn’t have been surprised if he had gotten himself stabbed, absolute pillock.

quote of the night – “if you come to whitehart lane, i’ll cut your f*****g arm off” – for absolutely no reason, at a 60-odd year old man.

I’m not massively into football – i went as i had the chance, and it was a good way to meet new people (recently moved to france, don’t know many…). it was a great match, i just can’t understand why people get so agressive over a few people kicking a ball around.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Football – the beautiful game.

=

Peter Sutcliffe – a thoroughly nice bloke.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Some people are idiots, many others are not.

I reckon between 1% and 3% of people are of the class that, had they been born as kittens, they’d have ended their short lives dumped in the river. The kind that throw evolutionary theory into question, because that cannot be the result of millions of years of development. So, even at a small football game, let’s say 10000, there’s going to be a couple of hundred of these knuckle draggers. And there’s a higher proportion of sheep who just follow along. The idiots start, the sheep follow. Especially when the passion’s up the way it gets a a decent game.
    I watched the video, liked the song

samuri
    Free Member

Or Liverpool.

Maybe we should just ban activities that encourages people who isolated are just harmless annoyances to get together into angry and dangerous mobs.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

3rd of Jan, remember the date
    We beat the team that we f***ing hate
    We knocked the scum out the FA Cup
    We’re SUPER LEEDS and we’re going up!

MOT

Junkyard
    Free Member

Football – the beautiful game.

=

Peter Sutcliffe – a thoroughly nice bloke.

= derek starship says something really really silly even for him

cynic-al
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    Maybe we should just ban activities that encourages people who isolated are just harmless annoyances to get together into angry and dangerous mobs.

Like stw meet-ups?

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆 nice but even more so for mleh 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Probably. The only video of an STW meet-up I’ve seen showed two overweight men in underpants fighting.

cynic-al
    Free Member

mleh is super chilled out comapared to this shit-storm.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘What an absolute fool .’ is closed to new replies.