Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What air compressor for tubeless / workshop?
  • charliedontsurf

Hi. Can anyone recommend a basic cheap, quiet, electric powered air compressor for blasting tubeless.
    I know you can do it with a track pump but I am finding that an extra complication I can do without.
    Cheers
    Charlie

stufield
    Free Member

+ 1

charliedontsurf

Come on. I know it’s not a very exciting topic, but someone must know about this?

LoCo
    Free Member

Clarke or Tiger 50L tank with 1 or 2 hp motor will do nicely, probably not that quite but holds enough pressure for a few usues befor eht e motor kicks in again to recharge the tank.
    Quiet ones are avilable but are pretty exspensive, it’s one of the most useful bits of kit I have and runs various air drills, wrenches and cutters too.
    Tooled up.com maybe worth a look for good deals too, hope that helps. 😀

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Quiet – you will struggle with.

I’ve only experience with 2 – a commercial one that dims the lights when it starts up. And a Clarke one I got from Machine Mart (got it to do some painting)which has chugged away for a few years with no problems and came with a “kit” of the basics you may want / need (incl oil). I think I paid around £130 – but that was when a £ was worth a £.

Someone will be along shortly to poo poo my purchase but it does me fine. Great for working on the car and loads of other stuff too.

sockpuppet

i use this one

it isn’t *loud*, but claiming that it was quiet would be a bit of a fib.

charliedontsurf

Cheers for that. Will buy a effin great big expensive pump tomorrow.
    But tools are cool.

Northwind

Mine is a fairly cheap old SIP Hurricane, horse and a half, 50 litre… Cost me £50, works a charm. It’s not quiet though. This might be the same one, but the receiver looks a bit smaller so not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIP-21510-Hurricane-Compressor_W0QQitemZ290538228958QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=215757284406&rvr_id=215757284406&cguid=197754d512d0a47a26540234fe634a83

I’ve got various tools for it but I tend to just use the tyre gun and air blower, the air ratchets and such are more hassle than they’re worth IMO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What air compressor for tubeless / workshop?’ is closed to new replies.