Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What aftermarket replacement springs can I use on a Cane Creek Double Barrel
  • Taz

Would prefer not to pay the Cane Creek asking prices for Ti versions if there are alternatives

Thanks

T

coatesy
    Free Member

Call Simon at Locotuning(01443838336), he sells DSP springs which are apparently made in the same factory, but a fair bit cheaper.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Last I spoke to him they were waiting for stock 🙁

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re ‘on the water’ so due next week now as long as customs are in a good mood, keep an eye on the website, Facebook and Twitter feeds for updates. 😀

edd

Manitou springs fit/are the same. You can buy them for £20 here:
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/Manitou/Manitou/Manitou-Rear-Shock-Springs

messiah
    Free Member

edd… Cane Creek steel springs are the same price… some of the cheapest steel spring around.

http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/Shop-Cane-Creek/Cane-Creek-Double-Barrel-2/Cane-Creek-Steel-Springs

I have one of Loco’s DSP springs I picked up secondhand off here… works a treat on my CCDB.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

waiting to see the price for the DSP Ti springs, according to Extra catalogue the shortest CC Ti spring in 3″ stroke. Having excess length (I’d want 2.5″) defies half the point of buying a light spring (tho to be honest two thirds of the point is pimp factor…)

Taz

Thanks Guys – much appreciated

Loco will keep an eye on the website

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you wanted Ti (or otherwise) you can also use the Nukeproof springs. Cane Creek don’t make Ti springs in anything other than 3″ and 3.5″ stroke IIRC so you don’t end up saving much if any weight on a trail stroke unit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What aftermarket replacement springs can I use on a Cane Creek Double Barrel’ is closed to new replies.