Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • What a start to the morning …
  • cinnamon_girl

I was grumpy anyway and the last thing I needed was a God-botherer. Ended up having a rant at them but held back about commenting that their child should be at the park rather than being dragged around.

Poor woman was speechless. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the cats woke me from my drunken slumber and brought in mr hangover at 5:30am today, I’d have taken religious freaks as you can swear at them and they get it.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@CG – must be the season, they just came around to help us too as I was unloading bikes from the van.
    I will have no truck with them as the JW faith denies blood transfusions, without which may of the mum’s MrsCat has looked after would have died.
    They are an outwardly benign organisations but a really nasty bunch of feckers under the surface.
    Simple question usually works – “Do you allow blood transfusions for those in medical need, if not, on your way.”
    Otherwise I end up shouting at them and getting very cross.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I always wondered about the blood thing. A quick Google tells me that Leviticus 17 says:

“And if any native Israelite or foreigner living among you eats or drinks blood in any form, I will turn against that person and cut him off from the community of your people, for the life of the body is in its blood. I have given you the blood on the altar to purify you, making you right with the Lord.[e] It is the blood, given in exchange for a life, that makes purification possible. That is why I have said to the people of Israel, ‘You must never eat or drink blood—neither you nor the foreigners living among you.”

Nothing in there about giving it IV 🙂

Moses

But I love my black pudding!

And the above is why Muslims only eat Halal: the animals are drained of blood before slaughtering so the devout don’t eat blood. I guess kosher is the same.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Mmm, black pudding…..

Pigface
    Free Member

I wonder how the God botherer feels about this.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

But at least they gave you the opportunity to vent your feeling CG. I was particularly grumpy one morning after dealing with an upset 10 year old as his dad had let him down over something. It was obviously winding me up as I had a really explosive case of cyclists tourettes at a bloke who stepped of the pavement in front of me.

I came round a bend in the ring road at a fair pace and he just stepped out so I shouted wooah – quite loud. To which I got some snotty come back – this triggered a come back from me that included far too much swearing (event the c word) – really wasn’t necessary and definitely not language I would normally use

Felt better for it afterwards though 😀

matt_outandabout

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    I wonder how the God botherer feels about this.

Religion is like a penis do what you want in private with it but don’t try and shove it down other peoples throat.

konabunny
    Free Member

Nothing in there about giving it IV

It was good of God to write the Bible in such clear English.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

They never expect the Spanish Inquisition, just quote some Ezekquil.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILDxF9wLEpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Pigface
    Free Member

Yea Mike very true but there is no need to rant at them, just say no thanks and shut the door.

maxtorque

I find it’s best to invite them in, but before they get a chance to speak, launch into a 30min “Lecture” on your favourite subject, the more arcane and unusual the better.
    Good subjects are abstract mathematics, string theory, nuclear physics, etc. I find that by slide 6 or 7 (have powerpoint all set up and ready btw) of “The application of astroinertial navigation techniques to low mass freebody orbital dynamics” pretty much all the God botherers are making their excuses and backing rapidly towards the nearest exit…… 😉

winston_dog
    Free Member

Yea Mike very true but there is no need to rant at them, just say no thanks and shut the door.

This.

I wonder how the young girl felt listening to her mother get verbally abused?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

winston_dog – Member
    This.

I wonder how the young girl felt listening to her mother get verbally abused?
    If goodbye and no don’t work then they get whats coming, it’s rude to try and lecture somebody in their own home if they tell you to leave.
    Anyway Jesus loves them, which is good because no other [expletive deleted] does

winston_dog
    Free Member

If goodbye and no don’t work then they get whats coming

I am no fan of JW’s but I have never had to say anymore than “No thanks, goodbye” for them to go away. They have never started to lecture me. If they did surely you could just close your door?

johnners
    Free Member

If goodbye and no don’t work

That, along with shutting the door immediately afterwards. It’s always worked perfectly for me. It’s your choice if you want to waste time and energy ranting at them but I’ve never had to be rude to get them to go away.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

So, following that biblical quote, thinking of the pound of flesh defence in Merchant of Venice, are they all veggies? Not one jot of blood, y’see.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m always polite to JW and they are always polite to me. I find that “no thanks” is enough. They will sometimes leave me a copy of Watchtower with the request that I read it, which I promise that I will. And I do, as I find people’s religions quite interesting.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    I’m always polite to JW and they are always polite to me. I find that “no thanks” is enough. They will sometimes leave me a copy of Watchtower with the request that I read it, which I promise that I will. And I do, as I find people’s religions quite interesting.

I have never had a problem with door knockers more the you must be broken if you don’t believe lot that catch you somewhere. I’m sure the religious extreme of the missus family still pray for us (unmarried living in sin partaking in alcohol) but know well enough not to engage in a debate on the topic.

kiwijohn

Mmm, alcohol.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

kiwijohn – Member
    Mmm, alcohol.

cures all…

btw have a question about your ice wine 🙂

kiwijohn

I have plenty here.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Smashed my 5k pb.totally destroyed it.

Fry up time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@kiwijohn
    The guy who does the wine & cheese tasting at Cradle Mounain wonders which method you use to make it 🙂 – he had no samples though

kiwijohn

We freeze concentrate the juice. Ain’t cold enough for eiswein.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“Oh hello, well y’know, thanks for your interest, but it’s not for me. All the best and have a good day.”

No need to be getting yourself all worked up about it. Unless you’re the kind that’s looking for an excuse to get worked up, and enjoy it. Which is no surprise really with some folk.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

he had you down to one or the other though not sure how much was pre prepared script though.

kiwijohn

There will never be an eiswein in Australia. I believe it has been made in NZ though.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I answered the door with a copy of Dirt in my hand.

“Oh, I’m glad you came, let me talk to you about mountain biking. That’s what I do on a Sunday morning!”

🙂

johnners
    Free Member

I answered the door with a copy of Dirt Razzle in my hand.

“Oh, I’m glad you came, let me talk to you about mountain biking. That’s what I do on a Sunday morning!”

…would probably work.

Haze

I was once approached at the bus stop, her opening line was “do you ever wonder why we’re here?”

Told her I was waiting for the 261

I just politely tell them it’s not my thing and they’re usually on their way. No sense in ranting…

zippykona

I find it amusing that 200 years ago we took Christianity to the Africans and now they are bringing back to us.
    Payback is a bitch!

jag61

Next door neighbour was a fully paid up JW who used to pester all and sundry across the town as they are obliged to I think. Anyway as a neighbour she was fine never any attempt to convert etc. and was very good to mum when she was ill. however some very strange looking visitors to next door tho. OTOH cant do with that type cold calling try to be polite ish so as not to slam their bony fingers in my door 😈

Junkyard
    Free Member

Depends really
    Do they really think there is someone somewhere in this country who has not actually heard about god and made their decision on it?
    I think its pretty inconsiderate to knock on my door and preach to me tbh.
    i am not rude though but I think they do sort of bring it on themselves by being ass hats in the first place personally
    I reckon if i was to bang on doors and preach atheism to folk I would get some grief every now and again- is this my fault or those who give me grief?
    Bit of both IMHO

6079smithw
    Free Member

I answered the door to a JW once whilst in my pyjamas. She couldn’t wait to go, no idea why

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘What a start to the morning …’ is closed to new replies.