Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • What a peach of a day !
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Got out this morning when the sun rose

Rode over to scolty and rode up over and down single track to shooting greens then back up to the tower and down the dh track and back up to the house

Loadsa folk out takin advantage of the weather

Cracking few hours possibly the best this winter due to frozen solid ground ! but even better as mrs t-rs rear wheel is at the doctors she was stuck home and made bacon rolls fresh cofffee and home made banana loaf for my return !

Who else got out in that !

bruneep

Out at 7:30 did tyrebagger/elrick some great colours with the sun rise.

stabilizers

Lucky man!
    Working from home having to look at Bennachie bathed in sunshine.
    Might get on my bike later during a natural break in the job.
    Aye! It’ll have to be Sufferfest… 😐

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Set off to do a little loop with a beginner mate of mine. Got to his house and he bailed due to a cough, fair enough. So i rode the loop i was intending and then got carried away with myself. Ended up doing another 1000ft climb just to see what it was like – Out of Walsden in the Calder Valley over towards Wardle if anyone’s interested.

Met lots of walkers enjoying the day and everyone had a smile on their face 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Too right! Absolutely glorious, but mighty nippy. Took the Tripster up to the Cat & Fiddle. That road’s so much more pleasant to ride (a bicycle!) on since they put the speed cameras up. Lots of ice in the shade though – even late morning.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

-3 this morning at the meeting point for the ride. Absolutely freezing but the ride was stunning.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A stunning day, cold and frosty to make the sandy bridleways rideable, blue skies and sunshine. 30k loop to/from Surrey Hills with a few trails thrown in for good measure. Bacon roll and chips for lunch at Newlands Corner. A prefect morning.

Paceman
    Free Member

Great ride, frozen ground, sunshine, and didn’t see another soul on my local singletrack loop surprisingly. Cleared my bogey log drop too 😀

brooess
    Free Member

Road ride through SE London and North Kent with the club. Stunning day, great to be properly out in it and a big chunk of midwinter Vitamin D 🙂

GlennG
    Free Member

Nite ride on ss round stammer park last nite, clear skies and semi frozen mud, great laugh, managed to blag the morning off and did a club road ride approx 60 miles this morning, clear and sunny around Chichester/goodwood but very slippy in places where sun hadn’t melted frost/ ice, ace fun though. Off to rogate on the dh bike tomorrow so hope the weather holds.

ketchup
    Free Member

I’ve been sat here all day studying for exams and looking out the window wishing I was actually out biking 🙁 I’m heading straight out for a night ride at pitfichie as soon as my last exam is over though and I can’t wait 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lotta folks lurking on here from aberdeen on here

saxabar
    Free Member

Clear blue skies, glistening frost and the crackling of puddles at Penmachno. (Many thanks to the guy who helped my jump start my car if he’s a STWer!) Back for a bite to eat then a wander through the Ogwen Valley. Top day. I love North Wales.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Lovely, wasn’t it! It even warmed up out of the valleys in the sunshine

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice and bright out but very sticky where all the mud is drying in my local woods. Also one of the best bits of singletrack has been annihilated by horses and the 4x4s have been on the doubletrack again and churned mud everywhere.

🙁

Going on the road bike tomorrow instead.

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

I beat Procratinar, the procrastination monster, who lives in my sofa at about 2pm. Went out and did my local loop, really enjoyed it, but could probably pass for female in a visual inspection at the mo’, brrr.

cookeaa

Up and out for a morning in my local woods on the big bike. lovely weather mixed levels of grip, good fun blatting through frozen puddles too. only saw 3 dog walkists and zero other bikes in 3 hours, poor show IMO definately not a duvet day get a lemsip down you and get out!

Gilles

Great weather for my first ride around the White (well not really at the moment) Horse!

nammynake
    Free Member

A beautiful sunny and frosty day in Leeds.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

popped out for a quick road ride on my jack jones.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Stubbornly cloudy and foggy in Fife today. Went out on road bike and looking north could see some lovely clear weather.

grahamt1980

Beautiful day at woburn, trails riding great and the weather was perfect.

joat

Sherwood Pines this morning for me. Most of the leaf litter was frozen and grippy, some of the pebbles a bit icy to keep me honest. My fingers were bleedin’ freezing though. Any warm glove recommendations?

martinhutch

Anyone out in the Dales today? Am scoping for tomorrow’s ride and hoping/expecting everything to be nicely solid.

bigdaddy

A stunning day, cold and frosty to make the sandy bridleways rideable, blue skies and sunshine. 30k loop to/from Surrey Hills with a few trails thrown in for good measure. Bacon roll and chips for lunch at Newlands Corner. A prefect morning.

Twas beautiful – I did the G3 10k run event at Newlands Corner this morning – an absolutely stunning view of mist in the valleys and clear ble skies. The run on frozen paths and sand was top drawer. Can’t wait to ride in similar conditions tomorrow…

makkag
    Free Member

had a great day out local 25 mile loop .. lovely weather ,, i quite enjoy the crisp winter month .. spoiled a bit but finding out a few of the sneaky trails i frequent are currently unusable due to some rather major branch trimming all over them .. Bikes in a stand next week so will spend a few hours clearing branches weather permitting

Stevelol
    Free Member

Think Cut Gate might be nice and frosty tomorrow?

geologist
    Free Member
    chipsngravy
    Free Member

No riding for me at the mo. Took advantage of the frosty morning to pick up frozen dog sh!t from the garden. Much easier when they’re frozen compared to after a few days of rain.

singlespeedstu

We too had a great ride today.
    Nice hard frosty trails instead of the muddy slogfest of the last few weeks.
    Loads of walkers out and all quite friendly apart from one grumpy fecker who got laughed at by the rest of his group for his grumpyness. 😆

Only got one picture today as my phone battery was flat.

He was a lovely friendly fellow though. 😀

good donkey day by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

duir
    Free Member

Flew the early morning Aberdeen-Heathrow-Manchester rotation, + 4degrees in Aberdeen, -4 degrees in Heathrow! Saw the Grampians, Cairngorms, Highlands, Inner Hebrides, Borders, Northumberland, Lakes, Dales, Pennines, Wales and some rolling hills I don’t know the name of in the south. 100k visibility easy, pity I had to work, a stunning day for riding.

What an amazing country we live in.

nicko74

Up at 7am, on the road by 7.45; arrived at ski hill by 9.30ish. Skiing in -20C, glorious sunshine, nice empty runs.

Back home in time for an afternoon nap! 🙂

shortcut

It was lovely out!

hugor
    Free Member

simonralli2
    Free Member

No riding for me but the last few days have been pretty amazing in Edinburgh. Back on my bike tomorrow after a month off.

13th January Edinburgh Castle by simon ralli, on Flickr

Nipper99
    Free Member

where’s that hugor – looks like brecon beacons.

hugor
    Free Member

where’s that hugor – looks like brecon beacons.

I ventured north today to Nant-Yr-Arian.
    I normally ride the Beacons.
    Some of those pics are fron the A470 though as you pass through them.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘What a peach of a day !’ is closed to new replies.