Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • What a massive crock
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Because not enough people voted to prevent him getting the power and Clegg offered himself over a barrel?

This. Oh, with the little ginger toilet brush all lubed up in a gimp suit for Georgy-boy to play with.

Northwind

Kevevs – Member

what you on about Z-11?

Not an exact translation but it’s something along the lines of “In this place, it’s a good idea to kill an admiral from time to time, to encourage the others”

I think he wants us to kill David Cameron.

Waderider
    Free Member

Please don’t quote me, I was only having a laugh.

(I do worry about the collective intelligence hereabouts though, if you don’t know the difference between liberal with a small l and liberal with a big L. Even if the post was tongue in cheek).

Moonhead
    Free Member

It was a bit scary!

RichPenny
    Free Member

It isn’t funny 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t be alone in thinking that we actually aren’t in that bad a place though?

No I’m sure your not alone in thinking that. There’s plenty of people who think we should merrily plod along ignoring what has happened, and pretending everything is just tickety-boo. Mostly in the government.

Waderider
    Free Member

I was having laugh – as a further extension of societies selfishness I don’t care what you lot think. After all, this is a forum where the daily posters are mainly fools.

Moonhead
    Free Member

It isn’t funny

But that post was just for a laugh?!! contradiction?

RichPenny
    Free Member

(I do worry about the collective intelligence hereabouts though, if you don’t know the difference between liberal with a small l and liberal with a big L. Even if the post was tongue in cheek).

LOL, I do know the difference thanks. I’m sure that you will acknowledge that there is some correlation between the two when distinguishing between political parties and thus those in control of the home office and their agendas.

Of course, I could have just pointed out that you were talking absolute bollocks like Junkyard did, but I thought my post more amusing 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

give it 3 weeks and this’ll all blow over. Remember that ILLEGAL Rupert Murdoch business? As you were Britain. Don’t think, it’s easier.

Waderider
    Free Member

Always nice to be the centre of attention on the ‘tits having a pointless debate thread’. I feel a sense of belonging.

Kevevs
    Free Member

oh me too waderider. it’s important to centralise it all about yourself! 😕

RichPenny
    Free Member

No I’m sure your not alone in thinking that. There’s plenty of people who think we should merrily plod along ignoring what has happened, and pretending everything is just tickety-boo

😳

Sorry, perhaps that was pretty glib 🙁 Just trying to balance out those saying this is the end of civilised society. Clearly there’s a lot wrong in these areas which needs addressing. Do you think it would have still escalated had the Police cracked down earlier ernie?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard, why would it not work?

because, and i quote you here

it does not make a better society

My opinion is far from ill-conceived.

It is ill conceived because it wont make anything better.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do you think it would have still escalated had the Police cracked down earlier ernie?

Well of course I haven’t carried out my own in-depth enquiry, but from my perspective here in Croydon, I have absolutely no criticism whatsoever with the way the police handled the situation. They were ready and prepared before things kicked off, but there was absolutely nothing they could do to stop 200-300 determined lo-lifes looting, trashing, and setting fire to shops, the logistics were simply stacked against them. Croydon has a mind boggling amount shops scattered all over the place – it wasn’t designed with defence against looting in mind.

Any criticism I might have concerning the police is in relation to their lack of receptivity to the peaceful demo in Tottenham before things kicked off. But that’s another story.

As far as general malaise in society is concerned, I’m afraid I take a deeply pessimistic view. I actually think the situation is far worst than many people imagine, I’m only surprised this sort of stuff hasn’t happened before. And I fully expect considerably more social upheavals in the future, maybe not in exactly the same way, but in general lawlessness, very difficult policing, dangerous areas, etc.

And I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is at present any overwhelming desire to change the course of direction that society is taking, which imo is clearly wrong. At the end of the day it’s all about politics, and quite frankly British politics stinks. Neither the Conservatives, Labour, nor sadly now even the LibDems, offer any solutions.

Please don’t ask me what the solution is because I don’t really know. Well actually I do know what the solution is, at least the start of the solution, but I don’t know how to achieve it. I guess ultimately Britain needs a new political party to replace the now totally discredited Tory, Labour, and LibDem parties, and one which serves only the interests of the overwhelming majority of British people, and no one else. I think the Labour Party is beyond rescue. But to form a new viable party which can broadly represent the people in parliament and locally, is incredibly difficult to achieve. I am not at all hopeful. Although I guess such a situation could be forced by “events”, ie, the complete collapse of the creditability and authority of the existing parties.

kevj
    Free Member

Junkyard, you are obviously very good at taking isolated comments and using them <in isolation> to continue your argument.

Why are you capable of making reasoned and rational decisions about the way in which you conduct your life? Are you honestly telling me that the thought process which stops you from looting and pillaging is not a result of nature/ nurture? The emphasis, for your future selective cutting and pasting, is on nurture, just in case you selectively copy segments of my text in isolation.

The biggest influencing factor on these kids is firstly money, followed by the parents. If we as a nation have any hope, we need to put measures in place which encourage a more respectful society and the thought processes which promote this are instilled by schools (clearly not working in this case) and parental influence.
    I accept that my opinions in this thread are possibly not true world workable but your opposing argument suggests that we do nothing?
    My experience of feral humans is that they breed and do not have the where-with-all to raise children that will better themselves (yes there are exceptions).

If there is a way forward, surely it involves getting parents to take responsibility of educating their own kids about responsibility? In the first instance, how do you motivate someone to do this if they themselves don’t give a shiote? Money. Free money that the earn for doing sweet fa. If this means that they are punished in place of a juvenile then so be it. You watch how affective stopping someone’s dome money can be. See if they tolerate this behavior, from their own children then. I suggest they will not.

My dad would have kicked the living sh1t out of me if I had been involved in something like this, then again, I would not have based on my upbringing and can safely surmise that your parents were good and positively influential?

donsimon
    Free Member

My dad would have kicked the living sh1t out of me if I had been involved in something like this, then again, I would not have based on my upbringing and can safely surmise that your parents were good and positively influential?

Isn’t this one of the indicators of parental responsibility, if I did wrong my old man would kick the shit out of me, if a kid from the council estate did wrong the parents would kick shit out of the teachers, or indeed the kids themselves would attack the teachers. These kids are now parents and instilling moral values into their own kids. what chance have they got, it’s not fair.

enfht
    Free Member

Ernie for a self-confessed Che-loving Marxist you hide your core ideals very well

Do you also dress up in women’s clothes when you’re alone and self harm?

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘What a massive crock’ is closed to new replies.