Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What a grim film…..
  • DrP

Was chatting to a patient today, who was telling me about a film called "the human centipede" they've recently watched….

Googled it, and read about it on wikipedia– all I can say is what a horrendous film concept…. but slightly intreagued to see it!

Any films you find totally grim to think about?

DrP

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The film will be distributed by Bounty Films, a company who in the past have only distributed homosexually themed films[24] such as The Big Gay Musical.

😯

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Watched it.

Pointless, boring, wannabe schlock.

I want that hour and however many minutes back!

Don't waste your time…

Jamie
    Free Member

Watch the trailer as 80 seconds is about the right length for the idea. Apparently there is going to be 2 more….

Creg

Saw it mentioned on a forum so watched the trailer, looked like a load of utter crap.

Recent "horror" films have just been terrible IMO. Personally I think films these days are more about how much gore they can pack into 90 minutes.

dave360

Want grim? Just seen Martyrs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcKbwFYlTO8

loddrik
    Free Member

Grim films..?

Requiem For A Dream
    Eraserhead

Both absolutely superb too…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Watched the recent Alice in wonderland on sunday night. Pure shyte.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It's a poor concept medically as the third person in the centipede really would not get the proper nutrients for strong bones and shiny hair.

More interestingly one needs to think about whether it's better to be the butt muncher for, say, Angelina, or have Brad munching on yours…….

It does all give a sense of clutching at straws for ideas to shock 13 year olds though……

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the third person in the centipede really would not get the proper nutrients for strong bones and shiny hair.

Eating shit isn't healthy ?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Only organic shit.

Or M&S

Sainsburys finest shit at a stretch.

Anything else isn't going to make you grow up big and strong…

Jamie
    Free Member

Want grim? Just seen Martyrs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcKbwFYlTO8

Just after I read Creg's post that was the first film I thought of. It's a bit up itself, but ticks the horror boxes nicely.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I saw a bluebottle with shiny hair.

deluded
    Free Member

+1 for Requiem For A Dream. An excellent film, but not a feel good one.

U31
    Free Member

Two words…
    Vagina dentata..

You want crap fillums, we got em…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

"Happiness"

nicko74

Martyrs and the Human Centipede are both films that I heard the names of, then through some curiosity thing, went to read more about. And then wished I hadn't. It took quite some time to get them out of my head…

flyingmonkeycorps

The grimmest film I've ever seen is Threads. By quite a long way.

highclimber
    Free Member

I saw the last 20 mins of requiem for a dream once, I couldn't hear it tho as it was being played on a TV in a nightclub in Poland – Looks extremely harrowing!

Creg

I saw the last 20 mins of requiem for a dream once, I couldn't hear it tho as it was being played on a TV in a nightclub in Poland – Looks extremely harrowing!

It does get pretty harsh. Worth a watch though, especially for Jennifer Connelly 😀

Same director did a film called Pi which is also very good. Apparently he directed The Wrestler, but I havnt seen that. Got it but its still in its cellophane.

Jamie
    Free Member

If you want to watch a really grim film pop on BBC1 now.

_tom_
    Free Member

Requiem for a Dream is a great film but one I would probably never want to watch again. I've also just heard of a film called A Serbian Film which is meant to be pretty sick. Now I want to watch it out of morbid curiosity.

MrFarrellsSodasuite
    Free Member

The director in question, Darren Aronofsky, also made a beautiful film The Fountain, which a friend told me would make a grown man cry if he watches it alone when his girlfriend is many miles away on business…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What a grim film…..’ is closed to new replies.