Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What a fantastic ride to work this morning.
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Spent some time at the weekend fitting new cables, wheels, chain, cassette and jockey wheels to my commuter. It was pretty warm when I went out to unlock my bike in the garage and thought a short sleeve jersey, arm warmers and gilet would be the order of the day (top half obviously) also ditched the knee warmers as conditions were almost balmy. So I set off at 7am for my usual 20 mile ride to work.

Now even in summer it’s very unusual to not feel the need for arm warmers at that time of the morning in chilly Ayrshire but by 8 miles in to the journey I was riding in short sleeves!

Bike running well, short sleeve top, what a lovely ride to work.

And yes people this is the west coast of Scotland.

BoardinBob

Unseasonably warm today in Glasgow.

It won’t last.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Its looking warm(ish) and wet for the rest of the week.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I agree, lovely morning and one of the last bright ones this year for me as the mornings get darker and at the time of day i ride it just gets darker. I love the ride through richmond park as the sun comes up, very few cars, mist rising, deer in the trees and just like a real breath of fresh air…

… tonight will be the dark slog home with stupid cars doing stupid things. ah well.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh will be leaving work in the dark tonight. Quite looking forward to a ride over the moor in the dark though.

druidh
    Free Member

I got midged yesteday. That’s just not right!

VanHalen

rain puddles and mud for me this morning.

excellent fun.

got an odd look off the boss when i turned up looking like a swamp monster but meh, i had fun.

got the nite lights for an extended commute home too.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah well the ride home was a bit different, driving rain and strong wind so more akin to standing on the deck of a ship in high seas than a bike ride. Still better than driving though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What a fantastic ride to work this morning.’ is closed to new replies.