Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • What a fantastic idea from Call me Dave. I think I'll do that too
  • binners

Absolutely inspired!

Have a ‘Summit’ on your reforms but only invite the people who agree with you. Even if there’s only 2 of them in the entire country. It has a slight whiff of the Robert Mugabe about it, but hey… he’s a PR guy. He can spin that

Anyway… it got me thinking. This could work. From now on, if you generally find yourself disagreeing with my opinions – or indeed think i spout complete shite – will you kindly stay off the threads I’ve posted on please.

Kindly take your opinions eleswhere! Unless you agree with me. In which case, carry on

nbt

Errmm

Well

bugger

carry on, then

eyerideit
    Free Member

That’s a good picture or our glorious leader.

Looks like he’s been banging the swan sandwiches with Liz.

kimbers

i think youll find that the private healthcare firms have thrown a lot of money callmedaves way so they bally well dont want their meeting about how to get richer interrupted by any whining doctors or nurses!

noteeth
    Free Member

Good move Dave – excluding the very professionals (e.g. GPs) your reforms are supposed to be “empowering”.

Really demonstrates your PR skills.

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s no different than in America. A panel on women’s right to be in charge of their own reproduction (contraception, abortion etc), with only men on it.

sofatester
    Free Member

It’s no different than in America

That will make everyone feel so much better.

julianwilson
    Free Member

It’s no different than in America.

Jesus wept, is that what we are aspiring to these days? 🙁

Sancho
    Free Member

That’s a well balanced article from the Guardian.

And still the hysteria goes on with no one talking about the actual detail of the bill, just made up privatisation horror stories all pure fiction, the problem is that the bill is an extension of Labour policy hence Labour not saying anything about it.

wwaswas

“Have a meeting about Marmite, only invite people who like it and then declare that based on your discussions everyone likes Marmite”

ianv
    Free Member

“Have a meeting about Marmite, only invite people who like it and then declare that based on your discussions everyone likes Marmite”

Or have a peace conference and only invite the arms dealers.

binners

OI! Sancho! NO!!

Did you not read my post. Sling yer ‘ook!! Coming round ‘ere with yer Daily Mail-ism.

Everyone has to agree with me. Them’s the new rules 😛

taxi25
    Free Member

That’s a well balanced article from the Guardian.And still the hysteria goes on with no one talking about the actual detail of the bill, just made up privatisation horror stories all pure fiction, the problem is that the bill is an extension of Labour policy hence Labour not saying anything about it.

Your exactly right. But what a pr gaff from CMD. You’ve got to include people from all sides or look the fool. And he does.

atlaz
    Free Member

julianwilson / sofatester – was sort of my point. No pointing the finger and laughing now, we are all crap

binners

Actually… sod it. Sancho can you find me the bit where Labour proposed the separation of commissioning and supply of ‘services’, thus opening the NHS up to EU competition law?

Fanks!

wwaswas

You deserve to be turfed off your own thread for encouraging a dissenting voice!

binners

I’ve not really got the hang of this dictatorship thing, have I?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

hence Labour not saying anything about it

You obviously don’t follow the news Sancho.

The Bill has been condemned by just about everyone – Royal College of Nurses, Royal College of Midwives, Royal College of Radiologists, British Medical association, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Royal College of General Practitioners, Royal College of Psychiatrists, all the trade unions, most of the peers in the House of Lords, large sections of the Liberal Democratic Party, growing numbers within the Conservative Party, and yes…..the Labour Party.

Try to keep up mate.

wwaswas

I’ve not really got the hang of this dictatorship thing

You’re coming across as very benign, perhaps a bit too much velvet glove and not enough iron fist but it’s early days.

billysugger
    Free Member

I read the bit under the pic as ‘David Cameron’s face is widening’

He looks like a fat Bear Grylls with them beady eyes.

CaptJon
    Free Member

atlaz – Member
    It’s no different than in America. A panel on women’s right to be in charge of their own reproduction (contraception, abortion etc), with only men on it.

That is very different.

Northwind

I like the part where Cameron says “”We are not excluding anyone,” then Burns says “Yeah, we’re totally excluding the RCN and RCGP, because they’re not constructive, by which I mean they’re opposed to us”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Exclude anyone who might agree and then they will be able to claim its a success.

sancho – its all about privatisation. thats the entire purpose of this restructuring. It was laid out when the tories were in opposition that the aim was to shift the NHS to a commissioning only and this structure is the way to do it.
    Check out the links here.
    http://socialinvestigations.blogspot.com/2012/02/nhs-privatisation-compilation-of.html

Sancho
    Free Member

Forgive me for playing devils advocate, and I dont want to get in to an argument but, where is the leap from comissioning to privatisation other than in hysterical political rhetoric.
    also as Labour started this on allowing hospitals to do private practice, they are quiet on this, and their comments have been very low key yes we can all call for the bill to be scrapped but they are not setting out any details of why.

all very poor performance from all sides.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

sancho – its all about privatisation. thats the entire purpose of this restructuring.

You say it as if sancho might have a problem with privatisation of the NHS. I think you’ll find that sancho basically supports everything that a Tory government does. Not everyone is a leftie Guardian reader you know. Some people read the Daily Mail and enthusiastically vote Conservative. A strange but true fact.

Sancho
    Free Member

I dont read the daily mail and dont vote tory, but nobody is putting forward any evidence that this bill is about privatising the NHS.

docrobster
    Free Member

Sancho, google “any willing provider”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sancho

. Later, one of Cameron’s advisors, Mark Britnell, gave an unusually candid insight into the plans when delivering a speech to health care executives:

“GPs will have to aggregate purchasing power and there will be a big opportunity for those companies that can facilitate this process … In future, the NHS will be a state insurance provider, not a state deliverer… The NHS will be shown no mercy and the best time to take advantage of this will be in the next couple of years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8905346/Goverment-planning-to-privatise-swathes-of-NHS-claim-GPs.html
    http://www.keepournhspublic.com/policybriefings.php

Plenty of data on the last link if you want to see it.

Sancho
    Free Member

that means nothing TJ and you know it

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Plenty of data on the last link if you want to see it.

You’re so naive TJ. Sancho isn’t going to accept any evidence of privatisation of the NHS and somehow change his view of the Guardian article.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Of courese not

teh fact that one of the main architects of this bill, a man who has gone thru a revolving door from private to NHS and back to private states that the intention is to make the NHS a commissioning service only means nothing? 🙄

Sancho
    Free Member

sorry but the links dont mean anything what is the section in the bill meaning the nhs will be privatised and that we will have to pay for health care,
    all these web sites and articles are a distraction from your argument please put me out of my misery and let me see the bit that sets out the privatisation

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

“GPs will have to aggregate purchasing power and there will be a big opportunity for those companies that can facilitate this process … In future, the NHS will be a state insurance provider, not a state deliverer… The NHS will be shown no mercy and the best time to take advantage of this will be in the next couple of years.

Sancho
    Free Member

that is from an advisor not from the bill TJ you can quote me if you like.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its the structure the bill creates that produces the push to privatise dn as above “any willing provider”

anyone who understands knows what it is about hence the 90+% of professionals that oppose it

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

dont mean anything what is the section in the bill meaning the nhs will be privatised and that we will have to pay for health care

You are seriously confused mate. Privatising the NHS is not the same as saying that people will pay at the point of delivery. A Privatising NHS can still be funded by the taxpayer. The problem a lot of have is that they believe that patients needs should come before private profit.

Paying at the point of delivery will probably be gradually introduced later – after the priviteers have a firm control of the NHS.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ernie – its already there. there is a group of GPs who have decided their local hospitals will not be doing some procedures and have set up a company to do these procedures

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/newsarticle-content/-/article_display_list/12825105/gp-practice-under-fire-for-offering-nhs-patients-private-treatment

http://news.sky.com/home/article/16083362

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not talking about ‘conflicts of interest’ cases TJ, although I guess they are the fairly logical conclusion of the direction we’re going. I’m talking about charging a fee to receive NHS care – to see your GP, towards treatment, a hospital stay, for example.

I would expect initially a token fee so small that it minimises widespread opposition, but which is then increased substantially in stages until it funds the privatised NHS. That’s how prescription and dental charges were introduced.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘What a fantastic idea from Call me Dave. I think I'll do that too’ is closed to new replies.