Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What a difference a week makes
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Last weekend I got some new wheels for my Cove Handjob, went from Deore 525 Hubs/Mavic EN321/ACI DB Spokes with LX cassette to ’09 Mavic Crossrides with SLX cassette.

And from 2.1″ Wire bead Advantages to 2.1″ Ignitor Exceptions.

What a total transformation in the bike, it’s lighter (280g’s per tyre and 300g’s per wheel!!)faster, feels better on the trails, easier to get airborne over drops etc.

I think it’s the best £200 I’ve spent in biking 😀

jackthedog
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Crossrides, they’re great VFM!

EvoStick
    Free Member

I made a similar tyre change and it really made a big difference too.

Have been thinking about upgrading the wheels – I think this post might have convinced me it is a good investment. Cheers.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I personally think they’re great. I got them for £150, I knwo Merlin are doing some for £125 but I don;t know if they’re ’09’s?

It’s nice to have something a bit different from the usual XT/Mavic 717 that every man and his dog seems to have.

StuF

It must have been a week for upgrading wheels on a HJ. I went from Deore/Alex to Hope ProII and Mavic 719s – lost about 200g per wheel and changes tyres to my summer 2.3 speed kings.

Now it makes a great clicking sound 😀

shinsplints

Just changed the wheels on my trance to crossrides – they are going to get their first outing @ the dyfi this weekend.I already like the look of them & the nice clicky freewheel 😀 – they seem great value,especially when found over there >>>>>>>>>>>> for a good price.Cheers Rich ! 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What a difference a week makes’ is closed to new replies.