Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What a diference a week makes
  • Tracey

After last Sundays watery ride we found it hard to get Katie going, she had decided that she wanted to be adopted by Lucy and Phil at Bike Verbier, as they dont have to climb as much. We started to worry as to how we could get her confidence back so decided to let her and Abigale plan today ride.
    The sun was out, the sky was blue, every one we past was cheerful; and enthusiastic. A great day was had and Katie is back on board.

Kids, who would have them

http://kevinlawton6103.fotopic.net/c1702296.html

Tracey

slimtubing
    Free Member

Tracey, you are truly blessed, i hope my little slimtubling will take up some kind of interest in mtbing with her old man but you appear to have achieved the holy grail of family dynamics.
    The family that plays together etc.
    Carry on the sterling work.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d like to be adopted by Lucy and Phil, but I’m 34 and I feel the challenge would be too much for ’em…

Anyway, well done getting your youngster back out on the bike. I’m sure your girls appreciate it now, but later in life, they’ll REALLY appreciate it.

Drac

Great this week I’ll be getting my eldest out on her new bike and yes I’d like to be adopted by Phil and Lucy too.

djglover
    Free Member

I’d like to be adopted by Katie and Peter

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Last weekend I took our five year old up to the local skate park and then back via some of the best singletrack our local woods have to offer. He only complained once about having sore legs and that was forgotten when he was passed by a couple of local teens. Sadly he didn’t rate the singletrack as highly as the skate park. Oh well, its early days.

2009_0520stevenmay090013

Tracey

Nice pics of him. Keep up the good work

Tracey

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wonder if Phil and Lucy have room for a small 51 year old too 😉 . Great pics Tracey . . . as always 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What a star (good work Dad):

oldgit
    Free Member

slimtubing
    Don’t bet on it. My lad came over to biking aged 12 after years of footy.
    Trained this winter, got a second in his first race, a first in his second. Trained with the adults on the road did some road races, all this within six months. Then gave up and went back to football.

He fell in love with road racing, but it was all a bit billy no mates for him.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

He only complained once about having sore legs

He’s riding a singlespeed, of course he complained!

Some great pictures all round.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Yeh, I don’t think he should get gears until he can pay for them himself. Or suspension.

Tracey

A few more years and you will relent, nice to see they are wearing helmets

Tracey

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I think Angus may also be the youngest trailbuilder at glentress, he has helped with Mushroom pie and is currently with Zoom or Bust. He was very pleased that Buzz-lightyear had put up his picture on singletrackworld.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What a diference a week makes’ is closed to new replies.