Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What 50cc Moped/Scooter?
  • Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Thinking about getting a Moped/Scooter for the short trips into town for work. any recommendations about what to look for/avoid? don’t want to be competing with the chavs/pulled by the feds all the time….

Ta in adavance.

CheesybeanZ

Suzuki AP50 cooler than a cool thing , well it was in 1978 when i got mine 8)

plop_pants
    Free Member

Mine:

CharlieMungus
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

get an 80 or 100 if you can – much better to ride.Any of the common euro scooters are fine

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

need a licence for 80cc though?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Exactly, my car licence will cover to 50cc as I passed before 2001. Mrs has a full motorbike licence but I don’t really want to drive around with L plates on just so I can have a bigger bike and she certainly doesn’t!

It’s literally to get into town and back to avoid having to take the car when I don’t want to ride bike in.

kaiser
    Free Member

if you want zero bling but great reliability honda sgx 50 (sky) or sh 50. the skys were/are popular for pizza delivery .30mph max unless you derestrict which is easy but will invalidate insurance unless declared ( and you are caught!)
    bigger wheels give a bit more stability but take room so topbox needed for helmet .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What 50cc Moped/Scooter?’ is closed to new replies.