Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What £500 woman's bike?
  • hot_fiat

My beloved sister thinks she wants to take up cycling and has £500 to spend on something, that I suspect, will languish in the shed for most if it’s life. It may occasionally perambulate along dussused railway lines or perhaps round the lakeshore at kielder. In order to maximise the opportunity for enjoyment, it needs to be relatively light weight and largely maintenance-free.

Oh great hive-mind: what do you suggest?

She came up with a cannondale trail 6. Which looks ok on the surface, but needs to go on a diet really.

cinnamon_girl

Check out the Classifieds!

Edit: seriously, you’ll get more for your money so that should mean lighter. What height is she as a men’s bike may fit?

GolfChick
    Free Member

try to find a rockhopper reduced from last year or someone flogging one? I always revert back to rockhoppers, had two now and always find them to be capable of easing me back into biking again.

towzer

See Spec Myka, esp if she is short, also ebay/sales…..

snakeysnuggles
    Free Member

I am female/5ft7 and ride a 2007 Specialized stumpjumper, size Medium. She’s (bike is female hehe) technically a man frame but suits me lovely. Light too…although overkill for what she may ride. Have you see the £200 women’s bike on the classifieds.

Interestingly we were recently at Tweedlove and the Orange Rep there said the only difference between their womens and mens’s frames was colour!

hot_fiat

I’ve sent her off to look at the classifieds. Thanks all

snakeysnuggles
    Free Member

This is ad I meant…no idea on your sister’s height. My husband rides a hardrock to work and its a lovely bike.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/womens-specialized-hardrock-sport-15-upgrades-200-204

hot_fiat

Yep, bought it. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What £500 woman's bike?’ is closed to new replies.