Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What 34T chainring?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have a 2009 SLX triple chainset that i double-and-bash’d for a trip to Spain.
    Since then i’ve found the regular 32T ring to be a little undergeared and want to try a 34T ring, any reccomendations?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Are you planning going 1 x set up or you just want to replace the slx chain ring from 32 to 34?
    I don’t see if any, many triple options with a 34t middle but you do see 36t.
    I run one of my bikes with a 1 x 10 set up using a Hope 36 but they also come in 34.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m looking to run it as a double with a bashguard. I can get a 36T ring but i’m a little worried it might be too big a step from the 22T granny to the 36T.
    9-speed and a 33lb bike if that helps.

sugdenr
    Free Member

I run 22/34 as I found it just right I seem to recall getting my rings from one of German shops just plain shimano steel, plenty of ones to be had but without shift ramps which add significantly to the cost

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Can you remember which shop by any chance?

Ideally would like shift ramps as well.

squiff
    Free Member

You want one of these, great chainrings

http://www.renthal.com/File/Cycle_chainrings_4arm.asp

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Running 22/36 here it is a jump but when I’m fit it’s fine as I will pick one of the other for stuff beforehand. Dropping as you run out of go on a hill isn’t the best but I found 34 too low for my legs.

I use FSA or middleburn depending on which the LBS had at the time. Both fine.

34 Should be fine but check clearance around pivots etc of it’s a Full Sus.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What 34T chainring?’ is closed to new replies.