Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What 29er/650b Hardtail under £1k (possible c2w scheme)
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Relaxed head angle, steepish seat angle, fun, good VFM – is there anything to beat the 45650b/inbred 29er?
    Would like a 30.9+ seat tube for a good dropper post ideally

nbt

One-one parkwood, coming soon – ally 29er, deore groupset, reverb, under 1k

rob-jackson
    Free Member

ooh that might tick the box

simon_g

Evans seem to have found some stock of last years Trek Stache 7 at £975 (or £900 if you have any old scrap bike to trade in). 19″-23″ sizes only.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/stache-7-2013-mountain-bike-ec042118

tomaso
    Free Member

There are some of last year’s Trek Stache’s in some shops that are discounted from £1,300 to £900. I had one for 5 weeks before it was nicked and loved it.

Decent review on Pinkbike

z1ppy

Voodoo Bizango is worth a gander.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

If you can get one under 1k then a Whyte 901. My 909 is so much fun to ride and feels like cheating on occasions.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/hardtail/product/review-whyte-901-14-47854/

Bagstard
    Free Member

Love my Bizango, which replaced an inbred 29er. Currently set up singlespeed with 50mm stem and 780mm bars. Has been great for up down along and in the air.

Bagstard
    Free Member

That Saracen looks great!

tomaso
    Free Member

I read a review of the Saracen Zen, Trek Stache and the Whyte 650b hardtail and the Whyte took the honours. The Trek got an honourable mention and the Zen was marked down for a dead harsh frame.

skindog
    Free Member

Phone round bike shops I got a £1200 tandem on bike2work by paying £200 cash too. Don’t restrict yourself for the sake of £100 or so.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What 29er/650b Hardtail under £1k (possible c2w scheme)’ is closed to new replies.