Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What 29er XC Tyres…..
  • Looking for some fast rolling xc 29er tyres…..to run tubeless on some stans rims…..

What can you guys recommend?

Or has experience of the following:

– Specialized Fast Traks
    – Continental Race Kings
    – Maxxis Crossmark
    – Kenda Karma

Cheers

Filthy
    Free Member

Racing ralphs, never used the 29ers but the 26ers are good

jfeb
    Free Member

I have survived on my Racing Ralph 2.4s since the summer but they are by no means ideal for lots of mud and are a bit too wide for a rear tyre on my bike (Scandal 29er). I have just ordered a Maxxi Ardent 2.25″ to try on the back instead but it hasn’t arrived yet so I can’t comment on it. At this time of year your list looks a bit too racey I’d have thought but perhaps you don’t get much/any mud where you are riding.

Gibbon
    Free Member

Crossmarks (non ust) work fine tubeless,good size an all.Nowt faster than stans the crow tho,or more expensive.

Got me singlespeed for when its muddy ….running a WTB Stout and a Mud X ….front and rear on that…..

These tyres are going on a geared bike for the better weather….

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Ignitors for me…

Clink

bonty acx all round for me.. seem to cope with everything

jfeb
    Free Member

There was another thread on this not so long ago. Have a quick search. It did mention just about every tyre under the sun though

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Roundish thinnish ones with not much in the way of thread will be just fine and dandy I’m sure …

markenduro
    Free Member

Bonty ACX are pretty decent allrounder, ACR for dry, ?kenda small block 8 fast as **** on-road and surprisingly grippy off-road unless it’s deep mud, Kenda Karma work ok at places like Bets-y-Coed but seem intent on killing me everywhere else, avoid.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What 29er XC Tyres…..’ is closed to new replies.