Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what 29er pannier rack…?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

As above, can anyone recommend one?

nbt

I use a topeak rack on both the 26″ wheeled tandem and the 700c CX bike.

tthew

Anything that’ll fit a roadbike wheel size wise. Fitting around a disk brake caliper might be more of an issue.

Last one I had was a basic alloy model from St John Street Cycles.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i dont mind a bit of bodging

ton

tortec expedition on my 64cm LHT, it came off my xl 29r.

MSP

Tubus do 29er versions of a few of their racks. I got a vega 29er for mine. Which also leaves room for some proper cascadia 29er mudguards

http://www.bike-components.de/products/info/31161%7B1%7D24044?xtor=AL-8-%5B1%5D-%5BFroogle%5D

Anything that’ll fit a roadbike wheel size wise

Might do, might not, 700c touring tires are 28inch and narrower.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mostly, racks are racks.

Id recommend something that doesn’t need bodging, most offer a disc specific model.

nbt

Mines not disc specific. Had to bodge it with longer bolts spaced out with the little fasteners from inner tube valves so it didn’t foul on the disk calliper. Of I buy a new one it’ll be disc ready

riddoch

Bear in mind that a 29er tyre has a bigger diameter than a 700c one. I was looking at 29er and the only one that had mount points when I offered up a topeak rack the tyre would have rubbed.
    I have a topeak disk compatible one on my roadrat and that seems pretty good. I picked it up for £20 on eBay rather than the £40 new price.
    Unless you aren’t carrying much I wouldn’t bother with the seatpost mounted ones, they flex a bit too much.
    So you have two issues, getting one wide enough to avoid disk calipers and long enough to miss the tyre.

Basil

Tubus fly on a Fargo with a 2 inch tyre rubs.
    The same with the Tubus extender brackets (approx £8) and now plenty of room for a 2.1 inch tyre with no rub

carlphillips
    Free Member

hmmm cheers for info so far, will look in to a few, esp the one ton mentioned.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what 29er pannier rack…?’ is closed to new replies.