Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What 26" tyres for commuting
  • SilentSparky
    Free Member

My first "what tyre" post yay 🙂

So what 26" tyres for commuting, mixture of road and canal path.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Got some Specialized Nimbus for a C2C ride a while ago, they were ok on tarmac/hard pack stuff. Think they were armadillo for puncture resistance as well…

simonlovell999
    Free Member

panaracer mach ss. are good for that sort of riding

ratherbeintobago

Marathon Plus?

Andy

gab344
    Free Member

My recommendation has to be continental travel contacts. I have used them for years on my commute, and the Kevlar anti-puncture belt only let me down on one occasion. Great dual tread pattern for tarmac/tow-path use too.

angryratio
    Free Member

i run nimbus/ and a travel contact (front/rear)
    Both great.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

+1 Marathon Plus, and say goodbye to punctures!

giantjason
    Free Member

+2 schwalbe marathon plus.

riggsy
    Free Member

+3 marathon plus

konabunny
    Free Member

+ Marathon Plus. Not light but if you're commuting you're probably weighed down with carp anyway.

rootes1

weighed down with carp anyway.

?

as for tyres – yep schwalbe marathons, conti city contact or panaracer Ribmo

woool
    Free Member

Always fancied some Specialized Crossroads Armadillo Elite tyres as they looked like they would be good, but couldn't find out any user opinions.

Took the plunge and really like them, certainly better than my old Conti Traffics.

Hareydan
    Free Member

Slight thread hi-jack here, as I am looking to do the same thing. What width tyres should I go for? With MTB tyres I just get as big as will fit in my frame! There seems to be as many, if not more, widths of slick 26" tyre available.

Cheers

coffeeking
    Free Member

conti sport contact 1.3s imo

ooOOoo
    Free Member

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

If you're running slicks on an ally framed MTB I wouldn't go thinner than a 1.5 unless you have an ar5e of iron.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

conti travel contacts for a mix of road and gravel. Puncture proof guarantee.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What 26" tyres for commuting’ is closed to new replies.