Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What £1k full Sus?
  • JohnJohn
    Free Member

I’ve been offered a Boardman Team FS as an insurance settlement. Had a look today in Halfords and it seems ok, I know its all subjective but are then better alternatives for the money?

RealMan
    Free Member

What did you have before?

plushhill
    Free Member

Ghost ASX 4900 look to be the best sub £1k option if you are looking for a 120mm trail ready option, been one of our best sellers plus some end of year bargains about now too

JohnJohn
    Free Member

It replaces a 10+ year old Scott G-Zero Team

taxi25
    Free Member

You can get the pro for a few quid more.
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_556673_langId_-1_categoryId_165499

On paper I can’t see how you could beat it for the price. I’ve not ridden one But I’m sure it will feel great after riding a 10yr old bike. ( not that there was anything wrong with the G-Zero in its day )

ampthill

the middle of the range boardman. Or be patient and wait for a lightly used second hand bike.

Northwind

The Boardman bikes are very good… Not just very good at the price, just plain very good. But, if you’ve got a grand for Halfords they’re also clearing out their Idrive 6 Elites for exactly £1k, that’s a hell of a lot of bike.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Agreed the spec is good – but that green!!

Northwind

I rather like it- my grandad used to have a Ford Cortina that colour :mrgreen:

b_man
    Free Member

I am very happy with my FS team, would recommend highly, I think they are on sale through halfords for £799 at the mo

wpuk
    Free Member

Hold out for a giant anthem x4, remember it’s sale time

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

ive got a fs for sale, its located in milton keynes at my parents house. ive just brought it back as was going to use it as a second bike when i come back to the uk but seems pointless to have it there when im back for only a week or so a year.

2010 MERIDA TRANSMISSION for sale for 600 pound was 1100 back in july, ive changed the tyres to maxxis advantage instead of the standards.

email me at nick_christy@hotmail.com and i will send you the spec and pictures or so.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

HAs anyone got a view on the Cube AMS?

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Consensus is that they are very good (bikerader)

Tiger6791

I got one as an insurance job. Paid me out in Halfords Vouchers.

Anyway, was sceptical at first but got a Team FS and it’s ace!

steve_b77
    Free Member

For the money, and considering it’s a insurance job the Boardman probably can’t be beaten

joolsburger
    Free Member

Meh, can you only use Halfords?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

My brother got a Boardman FS recently on a mega deal over Xmas, think it was £1200 intially but got it for £800. Anyway, even a full price would be good VFM – Reba Maxles, Monarch rear shock, Avid Exilir brakes, SRAM, etc. Few things were sh*te – narrow tyres, crap saddle and it wasnt built well at all (various loose bolts) but bear that in mind they are a bargain.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What £1k full Sus?’ is closed to new replies.