Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what 16" wheel bike for a 4yr old? anyone selling?
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

MiniP has recently got to grips with riding his 12″ wheeled Mongoose just as he’s starting to look a bit gangly on it and is getting restricted by its weight, small wheels and shit brakes.

Much to annoyance of MrsP, I have just missed a cracking EBay deal on a Ridgeback MX16. Can’t find any others local to W Yorkshire. Islabikes seem crazy money 2nd hand. Any other ideas? Anyone in the right locality selling the right kind of thing?

Cheers,

Chris

cynic-al
    Free Member

isla will retain resale value

carlosg
    Free Member

Got a 16″ Mongoose , but it’s probably just the next size up from the one you already have i.e. heavy,crap brakes and slightly bigger wheels.looks like this but now has more tarmac orientated tyres (that save about 1.5lb)and ground rims to improve the braking a bit.

aracer
    Free Member

isla will retain resale value

This. You’ll probably get back most if not all what you paid for it on resale, so if cashflow’s not a problem you get something which is a far better bike (lightweight, brakes which a 4yo can skid the wheels with etc.)

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Bought my eldest an MX16 off eBay – really good bike for the money, paid about 50 quid. Just gotta be patient and find a local one or someone whose willing to post for a half decent price.

MoreCashThanDash

Another ebay MX16 fan here – just trying to persuade his sister to start on it now “But Daddy, it’s BLUE!” 🙄

gk74

Dawes blow fish super light great design and unisex.

gk74

On the resale front for a Dawes bf I bought for 120 and sold after 2 years for 75.

keppy
    Free Member

Coincidentally we are about to put a Ridgeback MX16 on eBay. If you’re interested message me, we’re in Halifax

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Keppy – can’t find a msg address in your profile. If you have any pics or details, could you drop them on an email to (no spaces) chris pee uk @t yah00 c0 uk.

Happy to collect from Hfx and save you the hassle of eBay if it’s in decent nick and the right price.

keppy
    Free Member

Email sent with photos

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what 16" wheel bike for a 4yr old? anyone selling?’ is closed to new replies.