Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What 100mm full suspension xc race frame?
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

What do STW'ers consider to be the best 100mm travel xc race full suspension frames available at the mo based on experience of riding? Am giving some thought to a race frame purchase… things like:

– SC Blur Carbon xc (currently top of my list!)
    – Giant Anthem X Advanced SL
    – Yeti ASR Carbon etc, etc…

Further thoughts?

Ta.

titusrider
    Free Member

Niche points Titus X Carbon (or ti)

Splash-man
    Free Member

The Kona Hei Hei is very under rated.

Absolutely loving mine. Simply flies along and its happy to get the wheels off the ground without thinking something is going to break.

Obviously not niche enough for most people……

dickie
    Free Member

The Canyon Lux MR Pro got a really great review in WhatMTB this month – a sponsored Epic rider wanted to swap.
    1760g without shock – 1350 Euro's on-line.
    Looks nice too!

RepacK
    Free Member

I have a SC Blur (c), super stiff, great ride – used it for the BC Bike Race this year with no problems at all. The Yeti is a good bike too with a lighter frame than the Blur which might make it a little flexy. I dont know about the Giant. What about an E120 from Whyte? UK firm as well.

Dougal
    Free Member

MSC Koncept Carbon – 1600g with shock. I know of one up for sale soon.

Thing flies, doesn't feel flexy and fragile. It even wins races sometimes, like yesterday.

gothandy

So just for XC racing? Or more longer stuff?

bennyboy1
    Free Member

gohandy – bike would be used for xc racing but predominatly longer 100km ish enduro events. I'm currently using a 25lb 140mm travel full sus for these and i want something that's abit closer to the speed of my 21 lb xc race hardtail on the climbs… figure replacing the 140mm travel frame for a 100mm could do the trick!

avdave2

Trek Top Fuel would have to be a contender.

glynP
    Free Member

as my review says above the SC Blur carbon is amazing, if you want to demo give me a shout

gothandy

I'd also recommend a SC but a tallboy especially if your tall and fancy doing the 100km+ rides.

Feels like cheating …

(of course you might need to sell a couple of children for either of these carbon SC options)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What 100mm full suspension xc race frame?’ is closed to new replies.