Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What 100mm frame to put an RS-1 to good use?
  • speccyguy
    Free Member

I bought some RS-1s at a crazy good price thinking I’d pick up a nice 100mm suspension frame to stick them on and end up with an XC superbike. I’ve been lapping my local XC loop on my Capra and I’d promised myself a faster bike if I got into the top 10.

Then I start looking for XC frames.. and looking, and looking..

There’s no damn way I’m spending £3000 on a frame. What I’d really like is an Epic Carbon frame (non-S-Works) but obviously they’re not available separately.

Ideas? Alternatively the RS-1 is in the classifieds if you want a bargain.

otsdr
    Free Member

Not sure what deal you got on them, but on bike-components some undesirables (silver and black with pink) are going for 850-ish €.

speccyguy
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll take a loss then if I don’t find a frame to hang them on!

Any suggestions?

mickmcd
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll take a loss then i

possibly , you can get em for 750 int uk

kelvin

You’ve seen the hub prices, yes?

speccyguy
    Free Member

It’s a 29er that I’m looking for but there do seems to be some good deals around on that size too.

I don’t want to sell them on. I’d rather put them on a frame, hence the question and asking for suggestions.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Try calling Bikescene, they often have Specialized frames for a good price. I got an S-Works Epic frame from them last year for a fairly good price.

otsdr
    Free Member

Scott Scale? Santa Cruz Highball CC seems to be around the same price, but without the extra bits thrown in.
    Also, pretty good price on Niner AIR 9 RDO on r2-bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What 100mm frame to put an RS-1 to good use?’ is closed to new replies.