Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Wet Weather vs Dry Weather Road Brake Pads
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

What is the difference between wet weather and normal weather brake pads? Obviously wet weather are better in the wet. But surely they work well in the dry too? In which case why not use wet weather all the time?

phatstanley
    Free Member

i use koolstop salmon year round.
    bit pricey but they work and last…ymmv.
    🙂

jonba
    Free Member

wet weather are often softer so tend to wear faster. Might be a benefit running normal pads in warm dry places but in the north of the UK I wun wet weather pads all the time because it often is. Koolstop Salmon for the win.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I use the same pads all year round. Then again, they are disc pads, so…..

🙂

prawny

Swisstop green flash are the best I’ve used, koolstop salmon are the second best, but quite far behind.

MoreCashThanDash

Swisstop green my favourite in the wet

butcher

I use Salmon’s all year round too. Just ordered another set. And to be honest, I think they last well. Maybe not as long as some really hard compound pads, but I reckon they last roughly as long as a tyre.

Only put them on the front. Cheapies on the back.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Rightho I’m off to order some SwissStops. Shame the green pads come with black holders but I guess so long as they stop that’s all that matters.
    CAnnot find Koolstop Dura holders anywhere for sensible money.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Greens are £17.50 for Shimano/SRAM on Wiggle
    Salmons are £7.91
    Know which I’m buying!

html6
    Free Member

Know which I’m buying!

Swisstop Greens are priced as 2 pairs.

Koolstop Salmons are priced as a pair.

html6
    Free Member

Rightho I’m off to order some SwissStops. Shame the green pads come with black holders but I guess so long as they stop that’s all that matters.
    CAnnot find Koolstop Dura holders anywhere for sensible money.

What’s wrong with your current holders ? You can buy them both without holders. What makes you think you need the holders ? 🙂

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Because my current pads are the all in one type rather than holder and insert. At least on the rear.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Wet Weather vs Dry Weather Road Brake Pads’ is closed to new replies.