Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • wet foot well…
  • petefromearth

water has gotten into my car, and the passengers foot well is absolutely sopping 😯

i don't think it's the window seal as the bottom of the dash & under the glove box had drips on it. pretty sure it's water (i.e. not brake fluid or anything really bad)

anyone know what it might be? i'm a bit of a novice when it comes to car maintenance so not sure where to start!

it's a 53 reg Focus

uplink
    Free Member

Has it recently been serviced?

Check the pollen filter cover at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side

neilb67
    Free Member

As uplink says. They have probably broken the tabs off the pollen filter box. Take it straight back to garage to get it fixed

wombat

Have you had a new windscreen installed recently?

My inlaws had an 03 focus, when they had a new windscreen put in the muppets that did it didn't replace the seals properly, they ended up with about 3 inches of water in their footwell.

Uplink's suggestion looks like a good possibility if the screen's not new

allthepies
    Free Member

Seat Leon ?

petefromearth

the last service was about 6 months ago but i think it's pretty recent, although admittedly this is the first hoovering my car has had for ages, so it might have been there while before noticed it

i noticed one of the tabs for the pollen filter lid is broken off but 2 are still intact. i'll take it out and see whether its knackered

i wondered whether it might be a hose for the windscreen washer or something?? annoyingly i just lent my haynes manual to a bloke at work!

cheers for your replies

petefromearth

sounds like a common problem! bugger

—-> off to dismantle car

crispybacon
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with a fiesta not a focus & it turned out to be the pollen filter too. Water was getting in round the bottom of the filter & then making it's way into the foot well. Solution – remove pollen filter, apply sealer & re-fit filter – job done ! 🙂

If that doesn't work I recommend a pair of these 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘wet foot well…’ is closed to new replies.