Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Weston Super Mare Routes
  • longwayup
    Free Member

Hello

Just moved down to WSM and looking for some local offroad routes for times when I can’t get out to the surrounding areas. Anyone offer some local knowledge of places to ride?

brad101
    Free Member

Mendips are just down the road, start at burrington combe find link lane and have an explore

fotorat
    Free Member

Dont ride around WSM you are likely to get bike jacked by a brummy on holiday who forgot his methodone.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Go up into the Worlebury woods enough to keep you amused for a couple of hours, becarefull of going to fast down a trail you have just found as some are built by the local kids and have interesting features. Along the toll road the otherside of the woods are some dirt jumps ranging from small to 6 foot.
    I wouldnt ride at busy times for walkers as it gets busy with walkers but go and explore.
    The top end of town is quite nice a ride followed by a drink in Nicks bar watching the sun set is allways nice.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Got mud tyres? Get some the usual Mendip suspects to show you around the patch:

Science Officer
    Candodavid
    Elliptic
    Clubber
    Edric64
    mendip
    Me
    and many others

Your local trailettes are on that wooded hill just to your north. Someone mentioned a basic dirt track too. I rarely go west of the M5 personally. See you on the trails then?

longwayup
    Free Member

Cheers

Think I’ll stick mostly to the mendips then as I’ve done clic24 in the past so know at least one route to do. I’ve seen the dirt jumps on the toll road side of Worlebury woods so if you say there is some non jumpy tracks in there too then i’ll give that a go for some local stuff. Haven’t seen any brummies yet but was interesting going through the bournville area.

TexWade
    Free Member

Get yourself down to Badassbikes at the bottom of Burrington Coombe and they will give you some ideas. Think there is a Wednesday night ride.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s a starting point, but there’s lots and lots more than the clic24 stuff. The so called “Stealth Trail Network” is word-of-mouth only. I know quite a bit but not everything and I find new things myself from time-to-time. There are rumours of even more hidden trails with mysterious names…

ahem

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m not far from the foot of Worlebury woods. Its good for a couple of hours if you know the best selection of trails and you could easily spend a half day there, threading it all together if you’ve not been there before.

Theres alot of exposed stone and roots on the top trails, and the slopes can get very slippery. Its also possible to ride along the Sandbay sea defence path and get up to Sand point, although anything over there is strictly cheeky.

For distance, as has been said, theres the Mendips. Riding out from WSM is as described by Muddypuddle – up Bleadon hill BW, a couple of miles on the road and then into Canada Coombe then Loxton, Christon, over the motorway by the Webbington Hotel. From here, Mendip proper starts. You can follow the BW’s over and across to KIngs wood. From here, you have the Strawberry Line that can be used as a feeder into Sandford, Winscombe, Cheddar and Axbridge, all of which give you varing access into the hills.

Alternative access is to ride out to Sandford via Banwell, but thats better if, like me, you’re at the Worle end of Weston.

There’s loads of stuff on ‘Mendip Proper’. At face value the ROW network looks a bit sparse, and you’d be right. Abandon any attempt at compliance with outdated and impractical access laws and you’ll find a whole other world of riding present. You’ll find the more you follow your nose, the more you’ll find. – This is the essence of the Mendip Stealth Network, which is growing all the time.

😉 8)

Sorry for my late arrival by the way.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Weston Super Mare Routes’ is closed to new replies.