Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Weston-super-Mare MTBing?
  • Tastypixels
    Free Member

I’m working in Weston super mud for the next half year and wondered what local trails are near by. I know the Bristol trails really well, but could do with finding an off road circuit that doesn’t involve using the car.
    Any ideas?

jonba
    Free Member

It’s pretty flat (?) so not a huge amount I would guess. My first thought was to suggest you drive to the Quantocks but it would be too far to ride on a mountainbike (60mile round trip at a guess)/

wrecker
    Free Member

Mendips?

ransos
    Free Member

Some good riding near Locking, down to Loxton, across the M5 footbridge & up Crook Peak. From there you can head across the Mendips via Wavering Down and onto Roberrow (a few road stretches required to link it all together). If you buy an OS map of the area, you’ll see what I mean.

racemonkey

I’m thinking Burrington and Cheddar area but it’s over 10 miles from Weston.

Tastypixels
    Free Member

Burrington and Cheddar are great but a little too far on the bike. Thanks racemonkey. I’ll check out an OS map for the route near locking and Loxton.

netarious
    Free Member

Weston-super-Mare does have a hill and it’s wooded with plenty of bridleways. There’s even a bunch of (8ft?) jumps down near Kewstoke if you’re that way inclined (youtube).

Off-piste singletrack is a bit gloopy at the moment but it’s pretty technical and a good hour circuit can be put together quite easily.

andyl
    Free Member

often see groups of MTBers heading out from Weston along the locking road – presumably to the hills just off there.

As above get an OS map or look on streetmap. If you can cycle to near the M5 then you have nice load of trails up all the way to Burrington – or as far as you want to go. Look up the Limestone Link and Mendip Way.

Also some biking in Weston Woods I believe.

MrAgreeable

If the jumps in Weston Woods are a bit advanced, there’s a great set of learner jumps and a pump track over in Jubilee Park, towards Uphill.

andyl
    Free Member

if you can get to here easy then you will have fun 🙂

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=338320&Y=155950&A=Y&Z=115

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

theres a good couple of hours of half decent riding in weston woods. The rule is to get off the bridleways. If thats all you ride for half a year, you’re going to be bored quick though.

diablocableguy

There’s a few solid descents off of Loxton Hill, the one from the top of Upper Canada past Flagstaff Farm is good fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Weston-super-Mare MTBing?’ is closed to new replies.