Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • West of London people
  • Rickos
    Free Member

I need to get into the centre of London later on and was wondering which train station would be best. Need to have parking, frequent trains and then easy to get back off up the M40 later on. Was thinking Beaconsfield or Langley, but any others inside the M25 with parking? Ealing Broadway, etc.?

Cheers!

kimbers

dont think there is parking at ealing broadway
    hammersith you can park nearby but it may be a bit far in
    you could park at shepherds bush in the new shopping centre which is off the A40 but its pricey
    you can get the tube and train into the centre from the front of it though

djglover
    Free Member

Look at the uxbridge branch of the Picadilly, Hillingdon tube is right by the A40, not sure about parking there..

You could use streetview to look at the parking situation on neighbouring streets

london_lady
    Free Member

you could try Hillingdon or Ruislip but it is at least 50mins into town on the tube. If you want to go from Ealing Broadway – park in the shopping centre car park (£3.50 for 4-5hours) and get the train into paddington – ~15mins from Ealing.

Dickyboy

Perivale tube – central line, just off A40 & parking all day for £3

Rickos
    Free Member

Thank-you lovely people. I shall check out those options and I’m sure one will ‘sort me aht’.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If its the underground you want then I’d go Hillingdon or Ickenham, personally I’d avoid Ruislip and Uxbridge as these are both Shopping centres and may be busy. Depends where you’re going really if the Central line is more convenient than the Metropolitan then Perivale would be a good bet.

If you’d prefer rail then take a look at Denham (into Marylebone), Hayes & Harlington or West Drayton (into Paddington). Hayes will have the greatest frequency of trains as it is also served by Heathrow connect services but it is the furthest from the M40 (10-15mins depending on traffic).

Rickos
    Free Member

Denham FTW!

Thanks.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Parking in Osterley next to the Picadilly Line station. Easy access to both A4 and A40.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘West of London people’ is closed to new replies.