Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • west mids/welsh cyclocross league
  • deep_river
    Free Member

Thinking about starting my cx career this winter in both of these leagues.

Anyone do them? How tough are these races compared to a sports cat mountain bike race? I dont mind coming in the bottom of the field, but I dont wanna come last.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

You'll never be last. that's the great thing about cross though also, if you are there are so many people on course nobody can tell. West mids have from top 10 nat series caliber riders to very very steady just bought a bike type riders.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You certainly won't be last….Just be prepared to get your arse handed to you by blokes 20 years older than you.And there is no starting steady and see how it goes,its mental from the gun.Took me all season,and the addition of gears, to get to the point of not being lapped (which was usually 14-15th place in the nw league).The TLI north wales league is good too,a little less full on but still a good turnout.
    Lots of cx interest on here of late,promises to be a good season.Can't wait to see the thousand yard stares and look of mild disbelief on the faces of first timers!

molgrips
    Free Member

Can you do it on your MTB without being laughed at?

aP
    Free Member

You can do it on your mtb. Give it a whirl. What can go wrong?

Rorschach
    Free Member

You'll be fine on your mtb. Just don't wear body armour and a full face ( I've seen it). Find some fast skinny tyres tho. There has been a really nice atmosphere at all the races Ive done,no prima donnas ,none of the snobbery that seems so prevalent at mtb events these days but it's all business on the course! You'll always end up on a private battle whether it's for 1st or 51st and most importantly it's only for an hour. Anyone can ride round a field for an hour! Best thing Ive done since I started riding bmx again at 32.

molgrips
    Free Member

I've got 1.9" trailrakers for the mud.. 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

I'm going to be entering the South Wales league this year. I've done a couple of handicap and 3/4 circuit races and a 3/4 town crit this season as well as regular club TTs so I'm prepared for the pain, but I'll probably finish last regardless. Looking forward to filtering dog sh1t through my teeth for an hour though 😀 I'll be wearing Ystwyth kit and riding a 2010 Jake the Snake, wave as you lap me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘west mids/welsh cyclocross league’ is closed to new replies.