Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • West Highland Way – Inversnaid to Rowardennan
  • druidh
    Free Member

Anybody been along (recently?) and care to let me know how much pushing/lifting/carrying there’s likely to be. Thinking CX rather than MTB.

trail_rat
    Free Member

effin loads if by recent you mean a year ago,,,,, havnt seen anything advertising trail sanitisation of that 😉

marty
    Free Member

I’ve only ever taken the higher forest road route north of Ptarmigan Lodge, assume it’s the lower one that produces the sob stories.

Still a fair few off/on moments N of Rowchoish, but OK.

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – I was thinking of using the forest road. That only leaves 4km of footpath. How hard could that be? 😉

13thfloormonk

Thats my favourite bit on the MTB (the first bit heading south from Inversnaid) but I think its pretty difficult, seem to remember a lot of rock/root combos that were a little trialsy to get the MTB over, think there might be a good bit of pushing on the CX!

druidh
    Free Member

50:50 then 13fm??

Oh – did you see my reply about your noisy BB7s?

13thfloormonk

Hazy memories Druidh, think the landrover track from Ptarmigan becomes a ‘trail centre red’ standard singletrack, but nearer Inversnaid becomes a lovely shelved affair with some wee squeezes over roots and rocks. Probably 100% rideable on an MTB, doubt it would be a miserable push, just a little broken to begin with.

Where did you reply, FB? Didn’t see it… Ah, wait, it was a thread on here wasn’t it.

stucol
    Free Member

Did it the other way round years ago on a touring bike. Piece of cake on a MTB.

Inversnaid north is another matter.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘West Highland Way – Inversnaid to Rowardennan’ is closed to new replies.