Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • west highland way by bike??
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

Has anyone done this, im looking to do it with a trailer in sept. Ive been reading about the path at the top of Loch Lommand being hard work. It sounds like it will be harder with a trailer so does anyone know of an alternative or can i get a boat upto the top of the loch and cut this section out?? Any advice would be good thanks. mike

Innes
    Free Member

I think you can get a boat across the loch and cycle to the top of the loch. I have walked it a couple of times a while ago and the top section of the loch is narrow and would be a nightmare with a trailer as far a I can remember the path.

I am sure someone on here will have done it.

Innes

marty
    Free Member

I’m no expert on riding with a trailer, but I’d imagine that bit of LL from a wee bit south of Invernsaid to the top of the loch would be deeply unpleasant with one.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

As i thought, guess ill be missing this part out!! thanks

beardy
    Free Member

Planning this myself in Sept (not with a trailer thankfully) I called the hotel who run the ferry – they say they only run the ferry if they are expecting a ferry load of people that day – so as far as i can see it is down to chance if you canb get a boat over for the detour.

Not sure if there is another option for getting over the water than the hotel ferry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘west highland way by bike??’ is closed to new replies.