Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • went to the dentist today…
  • highclimber
    Free Member

…For the first time in over 10 years. I wasn't expecting good news but I was quite surprised to learn I only needed 4 fillings and 1 root canal treatment followed by a scale and polish. The best news was that it would only cost me £73.60. Bargain!

flipiddy
    Free Member

Crikey, that's quite a shopping list. Top value though! Enjoy… and bask in the cheapness!

highclimber
    Free Member

you gotta love NHS!

bassspine
    Free Member

me too. two fillings, no charge, the joy of living on a minimum wage in a welfare state

Karinofnine

Wot!! 4 fillings would cost me £75 each, plus the x rays and initial consultation. I need a crown and an implant. Implant = £1.5k. This is a sore point for me, I earn too much to qualify for state help but way too little to be able to easily afford necessary dental care.

ChrisE
    Free Member

I went yesterday, £2000 for an implant but the good news is 'cos I'm an NHS patient i can have the crown that goes on it on the NHS so that will be £198 for two rather than £500 each!

C

highclimber
    Free Member

I earn too much to qualify for state help but way too little to be able to easily afford necessary dental care.

you will still qualify for NHS subsidised treatment if you can find a dentist who is accepting patients regardless of how much you earn.

grtdkad

Our Russian/Eastern European (sorry!) dentist lady keeps resting her boobies on my head when I've needed a couple of fillings! 😀

leftyboy
    Free Member

Went recently after a 3 year break, due to illness I was unable to have dental treatment, and only needed a chipped tooth filling so £37.23 which was a lot less than I expected!

flipiddy
    Free Member

Went to the dentist for the first time in 13 years last month and escaped without a single filling! Nada, nothing, zip…

Mind you I din't find the polishing much fun. Not sure how I'd deal with implants and the like *shudder*

Edit – there's a bloody implant ad that's appeared on the right now!

Karinofnine

Yes, I can get NHS but I still have to pay £75 if I want safe white fillings. Toxic poison mercury ones are free… so much for equality eh? If you're poor you get to put mercury in your mouth. I am very lucky now actually, the firm I work for offer group dental insurance so I pay £300 per year premium and get 80% of the cost back up to £2k.

nickc

Went to the dentist Tuesday for 6 month check up…nothing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘went to the dentist today…’ is closed to new replies.