Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Went to AE forest yesterday
  • bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

radoggair are you glupton? 😛

radoggair
    Free Member

radoggair are you glupton?

course not, glupton couldn't keep up with me 😉

defaultslipper
    Free Member

trekster, i will be at ae this weekend, all weekend!
    have just started helping steve out in the bike shop at the weekends. i will have to take my bike for an evening run one day, but it will not be this weekend. am currently free during the weeks if you wanted to head out for a ride sometime? i am particularly interested in your mabie excursion as i may have commented before!

but some of those long distance routes towards moffat or the lowthers also sound very interesting. i had a look at your natural ride from durisdeer last year but didn't get around to riding it, so that is another one for this year's list.

Trekster

defaultslipper – Member
    trekster, i will be at ae this weekend, all weekend!

Damn tea leaf, that was one of my fav jobs 😉 but I have some cycle training, cycle prof and holidays coming up on days off from my "proper" job so not available till well into July/Aug. Good luck and have fun.

Are you there now or starting Sat, will likely be popping some time over the weekend if not biking with the wife we may be out for a walk.

I am off from this morning till next Thurs, trying to sort out a ride with Diane(Dawn) which will have to be Mon/Tues on her days off. She stays over Inners way so depends if snow has receded whether I go over there(1st time for a yr)or somewhere else

defaultslipper
    Free Member

to start with just working the weekends to help cover the busy times. weather is looking good for a busy weekend, last chance for the families with kids to get in a ride before the end of the easter holidays. really enjoyed working in the shop last sunday, and the opportunity to play with some expensive bikes and learn off steve was too good an opportunity to miss!
    that snow looked pretty deep last week up at glentress, i wouldn't be surprised if some of it is still lingering despite the warm temperatures. i hope im wrong if you do head up there!

Trekster

just working the weekends to help cover the busy times //// learn off steve was too good an opportunity to miss!

did `nt have that luxury, did the days Steve was off, me and that till had some fights(short term memory problem associated with old age and new technology)

Xan
    Free Member

I'll be at Ae on Sunday. Looking forward to it. I'll be the one on the Spesh XC,probably looking very hung over!!

Trekster

what time Xan? or is that a daft question 🙄
    Riding sometime/somewhere over the weekend but undecided and had no offers so far. Just to add to your hangover it is but a 7ml ride out from my home 😆

Xan
    Free Member

We're leaving Airdrie at 9 so plan to be there for about 10.15, out on the trails by 10.30. Drumlarnig tomorrow as well so I'll be keeping Sunday to the one lap as I'm not sure I'll last any further haha.

Diane
    Free Member

Trekster – Tues will prob be Inners or Natural stuff. Will keep you posted.

Trekster

Cheers Di. Natural would be good 😆
    Will give Ian a shout, not seen/heard from him for a month or so 🙁

defaultslipper
    Free Member

did the days Steve was off

i think that is the plan for once i have settled in, but just getting used to what the shop caters for. for such a small space steve has got a lot of the spares covered, and still found some space for a few display bikes. lots of friendly people in last weekend, got to know a few more of the local faces.

Xan – Member
    I'll be at Ae on Sunday

come in and let me know how it is riding over the weekend. last week it was surprisingly very dry and was running fast on the less rough sections. let's hope it keeps riding well after the trouble winter caused!

scotabroad

Trekster dont you be telling to many folk I have entered the Keilder 100 or I will have to go and do it. 😉

Have not done nearly enough cycling/ training yet, although this week have managed to squeeze in a few miles, inc a cracking road ride around Hawick and Selkirk yesterday, some cracking remote riding to be done up there.

Trekster

although this week have managed to squeeze in a few miles

So my moles have been telling me 😉
    30 easy road mls myself today. felt surprisingly good after a night shift.

I will lose 5/6 wks in June/july when I go on holiday 🙄 so we will be in the same boat. forge has got a training plan 💡

You busy over weekend, got tomorrow free and fancy a ride early Sun @Ae. Check ur txt.

forge197
    Free Member

scotabroad – you doing the Kielder then?

scotabroad

scotabroad – you doing the Kielder then?

Thats the plan but kids sailing taking up this weekend and the next two so training hasnt exactly kick started yet!!

forge197
    Free Member

Like wise on the training front, I am not meeting my monthly mileage targets at all but I have been out on the bike just not far enough or fast enough, my first goal is not to get turned back at the first checkpoint at the moment hoping to get more miles in May 🙂 Might roll April target to first weekend in May and the May target to the end of May 😀

Xan
    Free Member

Got out on ae today. Trails were really dry and felt good. Heat was a bit of a killer so we just took our time round and enjoyed the sunshine.

Trekster

Hi Xan, decided to get out early and go exploring into the hills you see from Branburn Bash.
    The road after the Bash towards Edge is in the background of this hike a bike bit;

1/2hr later

Mates from last week were still there 😆

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Went to AE forest yesterday’ is closed to new replies.