Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Went Orienteering today…
  • MrSparkle

I have sort of done it before in that I have run round with my 12yr old daughter while she has been doing pretty easy White courses. So clever bugger here thought ‘How hard can it be?’. Today at a Try Orienteering event in Bury our Hannah did the easy course with my Missus while I had a go at the ‘Technical’ course. I don’t really think it was that hard as Orienteering courses go but, my God, did I struggle!! It was only 3.2 miles and it took me over an hour. In fact if I hadn’t bumped into some girls who were doing it and I ‘happened to be going the same way’ then it probably would have taken me a good while longer. A fair few of the controls were in ‘thickets’. Jesus, they all looked the same!
    I must say though that I really enjoyed it. It certainly made me think a bit and I will definitely do it again. It was only a quid to have a do too! Bargin.

antigee

….trailquestors are hated peeps on here…judging by past posts – mind you past posts are not indicative of current hatred but then again its the middle of the night..
    as to O my 6 and 9 yr old and me have been doing the stuff in local woods and for me its 25yrs since “competed” but the kids had a great time and it is outdoors it is running around, its learning how to read a map and the ground…. a big thank you to our local club

mmmm.. thickets.. GPS not allowed.. agent orange is 60’s so probably OK

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Went Orienteering today…’ is closed to new replies.