Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Welsh camping
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, i’m off to wales next week riding. Starting at Afan, and moving up towards Mach. Where would be a good place midway, with good ridin in the hills? Brecon? Buith etc?

donsimon
    Free Member

Welsh camping, not something we’re really good at, I’m afraid.

😉

tazzymtb

mickasaki
    Free Member

Not really interested in riding either of those two thanks 😆

taxi25
    Free Member

Talybont-on-usk is one of my favourites. You can camp at Talybont farm right in the village, get pizzed at the Star Inn on good real ale. Its also the natural place to start the Gap ride. What more could you want ?

timber

good campsite just up the road from my old place in town, pubs in town a walkable distance, whole bunch of riding in the Beacons, just look for someting like the Sarn Helen routes or Gap if it gets wet, the grassy hill tops turn to a slog quite easily.

takisawa2

Torrent Walk, behind the Little-Chef at Dolgellau is good. Has excellent shower block. Even has radiators for kit drying. 🙂
    Bike wash & lock-up. Was £5 a night back in May.
    B&B on site who did us a full english when we asked nicely, for about £5. About midway between MachX & CyB.

turboferret

2nd for Torrent Walk – the drying room was a godsend when we were there the summer before last 🙂

Cheers, Rich

robob
    Free Member

you can have camp fires at torrent walk as well 🙂

mickasaki
    Free Member

Thanks, but i’ve stayed in Dolgellau so many times now, i cant face going back there! Quite fancy brecon area, so will look into timber and taxi’s suggestions. Cheers all!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Welsh camping’ is closed to new replies.