Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Well, there goes the holiday…
  • Drac

Maybe I’m misinterpreting but that could be the issue with it, as it’s not exactly clear that the employee must take it. To me it purely suggests that the employer offer you and can’t offer to buy it off you unless your getting finished.

Northwind

Drac – Moderator

Granted but you can volunteer to work overtime.

It talks about payment in lieu for not having them, that’s not the same as saying I would like to work that day as overtime please.

It is exactly the same. Paying you to work when you’d be on holiday is payment in lieu regardless of how it’s dressed.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I have certainly been told by my employer that we are allowed to sell back holidays but there is a limit by law which you must take, think it’s 20 days plus BH, or maybe 20 days in total. I am currently working O/T when I should be on holiday. Will be checking with my boss on Monday as to where I stand legally as I’d prefer to be paid. I’ll be sure to update the thread 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Planned to get the last warm weather of the year and lo and behold, a phonecall this afternoon telling me that the company had changed their minds and I would be working the whole of September. No, there is no discussion. Yes, they’ve tried appealing directly to senior managers.

Personally, I’d tell ’em to swivel. And if they copped a strop I’d tell them to swivel again.

totalshell

this is great news i’m going round all my customers tommorow and ask them for my thier share of my ‘holiday pay’ i’m sure they’ii all respect the WTD and i’ll be going home with a box full of cheques.. ding dong..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

totalshell – I take it you are self employed – the only people who are exempt.

john_drummer
    Free Member

take ’em later?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Well, there goes the holiday…’ is closed to new replies.