Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Well… That was disappointing!
  • lerk
    Free Member

We heard a rumble about half a mile away and thought it must have been the demolition going on but we could still see the tower standing…
    I’d not like to be involved in the investigation into how that cockup happened!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1025322670836192&id=207422879292846

lerk
    Free Member

For non-Facebook users

[video]http://youtu.be/ZW4pAQFn_t4[/video]

mrsfry
    Free Member

That’s what happens when you use ‘Party-poppers’ 😆

Thanks for the YT link

squirrelking
    Free Member

Lol, wasn’t Safe-Dem riding in the back of their success at Red Road was it?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off, and you couldn’t even do that! 👿

scaredypants

decent breeze should have it over now

andyl
    Free Member

Call in the army. Bit of artillery or apache training would sort it 😀

lerk
    Free Member

I know it’s Harworth but even so, that’s a bit harsh!

MoreCashThanDash

At least the Tom Simpson memorial wasn’t damaged in the shock wave.

slowoldman

I grew up there when the old pit head gear was still in place!

whimbrel
    Free Member

They should get whoever built that to rebuild the Edinburgh schools

Drac

They should have used the same people who planted the explosives at the twin towers.

revs1972
    Free Member

allthepies
    Free Member

They’ve all been “retired” apparently.

phiiiiil

What happens when a demolition fails like that? Presumably you’ve no idea what state it’s in so it’s not safe to go near it, so what on earth do you do next? Stand back and call in an airstrike?

slowoldman

Send in the lads from Snipe Park Road. They’ll have it down in no time.

MoreCashThanDash

Up until last autumn, a mate of mine was responsible for that site. I think they wanted the tower down so the lads from Snipe Park Road didn’t get it down themselves!

I’ve sent him the link to the video – he’ll be so glad he moved employers, his replacement maybe less so!

lerk
    Free Member

Not being entirely local, I assume Snipe Park Road will be where the (Ex) Rippers and Hewers live?

ratherbeintobago

Bringing down the Scott Lithgow gantry crane was another tremendous success (which I watched from the Lyle Hill)

slowoldman

Not being entirely local, I assume Snipe Park Road will be where the (Ex) Rippers and Hewers live?

It was the street I avoided above all others. Hard as nails down there.

midlifecrashes

My grandfather was a hewer at Harworth. I think my dad thought it all a bit of a soft life and went off to be a stoker in the Navy instead.

slowoldman

My dad’s profession on my birth certificate is “coal hewer”. Proper man’s job eh? He was determined I wouldn’t follow in his footsteps down Harworth pit.

CountZero

What happens when a demolition fails like that? Presumably you’ve no idea what state it’s in so it’s not safe to go near it, so what on earth do you do next? Stand back and call in an airstrike?

Just exactly my thoughts. “Right, I’m looking for a team to go in and check out the state of the structure. Anyone? Anyone?”

konabunny
    Free Member

Basookas. That or buckfast + bombers

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Well… That was disappointing!’ is closed to new replies.