Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Well that sucks…
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I broke my elbow and some tendon damage in my forearm last month (apparently I can’t jump down lots of steps).

I was feeling better and looking forwards to a big ride this week.

When walking along the pavement yesterday, I tripped over and broke my knee. My leg’s in a full cast for the next three weeks.

Grrrrrr!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’d suggest it’ll be a bit more than a three week lay off wouldn’t you. Especially as you’re knee is a pretty integral part for riding a bike.

Sandwich

Change of user name to “Lucky” ?

Get well soon.

dknwhy

Is this you?

Northwind

I broke my hip- 10 weeks on crutches, then IIRC 3 months of light weighting (and still using 1 or 2 crutches for most of that), finally got the allclear to start using it more or less normally- 2 weeks later, motorbike fell over on my leg in the garage, tore my AC ligament in the same leg. I took that as well as you’d expect 🙂 But convenient that I already had the crutches so I had one up on you

Hope it all heals fast

daftvader
    Free Member

It seems that WCA has finally got some competition!!! Get well soon!

zippykona

I’ve got a cold.

iainc

I got my prostate removed on Sat, I win ! 🙂

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Cheers all.

At least I don’t need to worry about the £100 excess on my health insurance any more. It cost £200 just to drain the blood off my knee!

I’m also dreading getting fit again. 8 weeks out of the saddle makes a big difference.

Going to see the Dr next week. I was going to have a (purely elective) vasectomy after Christmas. It seems like I may as well get all the pain and non-riding over and done with.

Hope you’re soon on the mend Iain.

aracer
    Free Member

Got ill in November (last year). Ended up almost continuously ill until February with one cold or flu type illness after another (some fairly minor, some less so). Getting back in to things I knackered my knee in March – probably overdoing it a bit. After trips to the physio and an MRI resulting in mainly just resting it a lot I was finally able to start riding properly again in late October. Last week I had a hernia op which will take me out until next year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Well that sucks…’ is closed to new replies.