Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Well, Scotland got independence, thread.
  • chip
    Free Member

what money should I bring, as I will want to leave my sterling at home, as to prevent you chancers getting your hands on it.

Nobby

So, how long before we have Dumfries & Galloway having their own vote to be annexed by the rUK?

rene59
    Free Member

Surely you’ve heard by now the new currency will be the Smackeroony, we don’t need your English basturd money!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

So, how long before we have Dumfries & Galloway having their own vote to be annexed by the rUK?

It might be a possibility…. but it’s a huge region. Folk in Stranraer might vote totally differently to folk in Dumfries.

righog
    Free Member

what money should I bring, as I will want to leave my sterling at home, as to prevent you chancers getting your hands on it.

enfht
    Free Member

Unfortunately the Republic of Scotchland will still be situated on the land mass referred to as the British Isles.

BigJohn

What tyres for ethnic cleansing?

molgrips
    Free Member

Like Eire is.

Northwind

BigJohn – Member

What tyres for ethnic cleansing?

Schwalbe Lebens Rons. Sounded better in my head, that.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Taking this thread as dry run for the real thing…

TAXI FOR CAMERON!

Nobby

I doubt Dave would ever use a taxi.

It might be a possibility…. but it’s a huge region. Folk in Stranraer might vote totally differently to folk in Dumfries.

Yeah, but similar didn’t seem to matter in Crimea 😉

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I like anybody the now, compared to the hyperbolic vitriol being thrown about by propaganda puppets…

This opinion will exist tomorrow, next week, next month, next year.

DIVIDED WE STAND.

singletrackmind

Look out for price hikes on Shortbread, Iron Bru, Caithness glass, McEewens tinnies, Kilts, those Tamashanta hats with Ginger fringes , soft wood, aircraft carriers , nuclear submarines and Whiskey

probably charge Johny Foreigner for using the 7 Stains as well…

hora
    Free Member

I was given a £5 scottish note last night. In a yeara time it’ll be worth £3.30.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I was given a £5 scottish note last night. In a yeara time it’ll be worth £3.30.

Generous. We’ll be burning them for fuel when we swap oil for socks.

hora
    Free Member

The americans will rescue Scotties with huge golf courses placed on protected land

cfinnimore
    Free Member

COME BACK TRUMPY WE LOOOOOVE YOU!

RichT

There will be dancing in the streets in Portsmouth as a yes vote will save the shipyard and ensure that future Royal Navy contracts stay in the south.

Sancho
    Free Member

I’ve heard a couple of cycle/component importers/distributors will be moving south in the event of a yes vote.

not just registered office type move, but the whole shebang

oldnpastit

The americans will rescue Scotties with huge golf courses placed on protected land

iS will be desperate for hard currency, so Donald Trump should be able to just waltz in and get whatever he takes a fancy to.

It would probably make quite a lot of sense for Scotland to use the dollar rather than sterling.

Ceebug
    Free Member

The hate on display by some on this site makes me feel very sad and disappointed.

I would have thought and hoped that everyone would be supportive of the rights of the people to make a free choice in a democratic poll, but it seems that the opposite is true.

I am born and bred in Scotland (despite my entire family being English) and what I have seen here in Glasgow over the last two years has been the most mature and engaging debate that I have witnessed in my 30 odd years as a politically aware adult. My friends fall into both Yes and No camps and the dialogue that has been overwhelmingly constructive and positive.

It’s funny as my folks just got back from a family funeral down south in England, where their friends announced how everyone down there knows how much the Scots hate the English. This is a load of utter tosh (I don’t personally know anyone who hates anyone, especially not those from the rest of the British Isles) and seems to be a lazy excuse created so some people don’t have to think about the real reasons many wish to invoke real change in society.

Right now I feel very proud of all of my family, friends and colleagues for their maturity and balance, and also for showing the world that the democratic process is not dead, and that apathy can be banished by the prospect of real choice and change.

Peace to all.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I feel the whole “no” campaign was wrong. No is so negative but yes is so positive….

I’m still sure the Government actually want Scotland to go it alone or why go with “no” and send Gordon Brown up there to front it all?

Surely “Stay” would have been less negative?

I feel sad about it all to be honest as there will be just under 50% of the population of Scotland who will be disappointed whatever the outcome.

gavstorie
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/6i56Ct_Ag2o[/video]

gavstorie
    Free Member

The hate on display by some on this site makes me feel very sad and disappointed.

I dont see it as hate.. I see it as jealousy.. Their lives are so pathetic that they cant stand to see others stand up for what they believe..

project
    Free Member

The hate on display by some on this site makes me feel very sad and disappointed

just be thankfull youre not going to buy an Evoque,

oldnpastit

I don’t think there’s hate, but there’s a lot of valid concern about the chaos that will be unleashed by the forthcoming yes vote. It’s going to take a long time to get back.

rene59
    Free Member

Nice post Ceebug.

1981miked
    Free Member

Well said CeeBug..

The amount of hateful bile vomitted out by some members on this forum is disgusting. Almost like they are trying to provoke a reaction and start an argument.. However this seems to be more frequent on this forum these days!

Once a great source of info and light banter has turned into lots of people with to much to say for themselves, and won’t hear anybody else’s opinion (apart from their sparring partners). They tend to gang up like litte school bullies and overload the thread with “insightful” opinion. Which actually means they walk the thin line of “banter” and down right racism, sexism, elitism and other potentially offensive insight.. Oh and a fair amount of middle class guff.

I can honestly say that not once have I spoken to anybody voting YES just because they hate the English. I don’t have an issue with our southern neighbours, if anything it seems a lot of English people have this so called “chip” you talk of places firmly on both shoulders.

But they do say bullies prey on people/things they are jealous of, or are trying to cover up insecurities in their own personal lives.

I do hope we can drop all the bullshit and go back to talking bikes etc. I’m sick of reading your racist and hateful posts.

joepose
    Free Member

Yeah rite there no anti English feelings at all – I lived in Forres or 3 years and was largely know by the nickname FEB. **** English Bstard, it was funny for a little while but now Im thinkin go vote yes have your party but it will be one hell of a hangover for them 🙂

piemonster

just be thankfull youre not going to buy an Evoque,

😆

1981miked
    Free Member

I never said no anti English.. I said that none of the people I spoke to have the anti English reason to vote no. I’m sure it exists on both sides of the border. Just seems to more prevelant on this particular website at the minute.

Woody
    Free Member

It does seem to go beyond good natured banter/rivalry. Odd that some of the more ‘hate filled’ comments come from a few who bend over backwards to be oh so PC in other areas. Pathetic really !

1981miked
    Free Member

Correct Woody!

murf
    Free Member

+1 Ceebug
    How often does a genuine opportunity like this come along for any country?
    I can see how people would be jealous knowing they are stuck with the same old corruption and 2nd rate treatment with no hope of real change.
    Whether we sink or swim as a free country only time will tell but will see how the vote goes first.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Perhaps, just maybe, it’s not actually about the English?

No that can’t be right. Something in the world that’s not about the English? Go read another Daily Mail and get yur head sorted

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Born and bred in Glasgow, Holidays every year were in various places in England which my father and mother loved. Never had a reason to hate or even dislike anyone simply because of where they come from and generally find people no matter where you go are nice. Sadly there are toss pots everywhere, but you get over it and realise that’s just one toss pot and don’t extrapolate that to everyone that come from that country. So, it’s time for a wee bit of introspection for the blatantly offensive people. Have a look and sort it out. Just ’cause you are being dicks doesn’t mean that I now am going to be annoyed at the 6 English people that I work with.
    Used to really enjoy this forum. 🙁
    Oh, by introspection I mean grow the **** up.

hora
    Free Member

Theres a fair few vindictive types on stw. Permanently single I bet too.

Sancho
    Free Member

i suggested to a scottish friend in ayr that there was a lot of resentment between yes and no, and also against the English, she was telling me how its buzzing, and everyone voting yes is having a great time, however when she posted on her FB page that there is this supposedly this resentment and enti english feeling, I was amazed at the responses from her no voting and English friends, some horrible and sad comments.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

That is a shame and can only urge people to remember that people are people. It’s like cycling, a good person will be a good person on a bike, walking a dog or in a car. conversely, a dick is a dick is a dick. Let’s ignore the dicks and just experience life. I also hope more people will come that wee bit further than the lakes and onward to the highlands (more space for me in the lakes 😉 ). Maybe you’ve had an unfortunate experience, I apologise for that. not on behalf of Scottish, but on behalf of Humans. I lived in Portugal for 18 months and the people were amazing. Friends from there are still prominent on my facebook page. But I got jumped one night on the way home by two guys. I ended up with a broken nose etc. But, you get a##holes everywhere.

whether we get a yes or a no, the vote was not about hating the English, it’s simply about having a government that represents Scotlands population. I’d want that for anyone.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

So, it’s time for a wee bit of introspection for the blatantly offensive people. Have a look and sort it out. Just ’cause you are being dicks doesn’t mean that I now am going to be annoyed at the 6 English people that I work with.

Not to worry, next week the dicks will be hating whoever the Mail tells them to.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Well, Scotland got independence, thread.’ is closed to new replies.