Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Well, Scotland got independence, thread.
  • piemonster

Well, there’s one for the other option….

smogmonster

Heres hoping. And no, im not Scottish. 👿

cranberry
    Free Member

I hope so too – time for Scotland to strap on a pair of big-boy pants and be responsible for itself instead of always blaming others.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well that’s just fabulous isn’t it.

Do I need a passport to cross the borders now?

oldnpastit

I’m going to get lots of tinned food in. Can I still purchase a firearm in the rUK?

piemonster

I’m already stocked up on Tunnocks.

Apocalypse added to calendar for 7am onwards Friday. By the sounds of it some folk will have hangovers that will make an apocalypse seem a preferred option.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

“Hello, Greece? Do you have a paddle we can borrow?”

footflaps

How long do we have to wait before we can blow up the the M74 at Gretna and leave them to it?

thorlz
    Free Member

“Hello, Greece? Do you have a paddle we can borrow?”

That made me chuckle 🙂

AlasdairMc

Documentary about Scotland’s first few years of independence

piemonster

Isn’t the Cumbernauld on any given Saturday night?

konabunny
    Free Member

according to some people on the other thread, England is now in [i]CHAOS!!!

jojoA1
    Free Member

All midges deported. Hot and cold running Irn bru taps installed in all homes. Oor Wullie made first minister (London can’t have the monopoly on blonde, messy haired politicians. New currency created called the Jock. There will be 100 Jimmies to the Jock and a pint of heavy will cost 2 jock, 50 jimmies exactly.
    Chris Hoy will be crowned king of Scotland.

chip
    Free Member

Chris Hoy will be crowned king of Scotland.

Chris hoy, Mugabe is brushing his sporran as we speak.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mugabe vs Idi Amin – now that would be interesting.

chip
    Free Member

Idis dead I hope, my mate went to uni with one of his daughters.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Time to buy shares in removal companies?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Be glad to see the back of them TBH, I’m sure they think the same about the English. Actually they hate ”us’ more as most English are indifferent towards them whereas there’s a lot of deep rooted resentment/jingoism/racism north of the border.
    Funny how they moan about Westminster/London centric news when we have had this rammed down our throats for months now, I wouldn’t mind if I was allowed to vote YES too.

I’m hoping some good comes of it, like Lorraine Kelly disappearing from our TV screens, the alcoholism/obesity/life expectancy rates all improving in what remains of the U.K. And maybe we can stop moving the clocks an hour for a few farmers in the North

Northwind

MrSmith – Member

Funny how they moan about Westminster/London centric news when we have had this rammed down our throats for months now,

ZOMFG, you had to listen to national news that affects everyone? How awful for you.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Im not bothered about the news coverage, merely commenting on the fact that others in the far north of the U.K. often complain about the Westminster centric news (despite it being the center of government/policy and in the middle of the largest population and center of trade in the U.K)

chip
    Free Member

If the yes vote wins I am thinking there will be a baby boom in 9 months time with Alex topping the charts of boys names.

So I chose not to invest in pickfords but in this,

Instead.

As I figure you need 9% when your birds look this rough,

scotroutes

Judging by MrSmiths post Scotlands burgeoning shoulder-chip manufacturers have a good export market.

Northwind

MrSmith – Member

Im not bothered about the news coverage, merely commenting on the fact that others in the far north of the U.K. often complain about the Westminster centric news

“Far north of the UK” = “everywhere apart from London, including places further south” 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Time to raise export duty on Buckfast.

GregMay
    Free Member

I hope it works out. Took a while at home (Ireland) but eventually we got it sorted. Admittedly we did have a civil war as well…so not ideal. Anwyay, I hope the people get what they want either way.

chambord
    Free Member

I’m glad Andy Murray can finally get off the fence

GrahamS

Be glad to see the back of them TBH, I’m sure they think the same about the English. Actually they hate ”us’ more…

No one I know is voting Yes because of any hatred for the English.

Having said that, no one I know that is voting No is doing so out of love for the English.

Perhaps, just maybe, it’s not actually about the English?

Matt24k
    Free Member

Nigel Farage is moving to Glasgow as its the only place outside the EU that he can get to without getting his feet wet or flying.
    He’s not got a good track record when it comes to flying.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Perhaps, just maybe, it’s not actually about the English?

good point, can’t we just leave them to get on with it and pop a note under the door when they have made a decision?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mr Smith, have a plough through some of the many Indy related threads on this forum, and I guarantee you the anti Scottish comments outnumber the anti English ones at least ten fold. Anti English feelings up here are a bit of a myth, and only really kept going by some old timers and the daily record.

Anyway, whatever the result, I’m off to the lakes in a daring cross border raid tomorrow, big bloke on a Yeti, if anyone wants to try and kick me out!. 😀

GrahamS

good point, can’t we just leave them to get on with it

I believe that’s what that funny Salmond chap was after, yes.

bigjim

Anti English feelings up here are a bit of a myth,

Utter b*llocks

Northwind

Anti english sentiments in scotland certainly aren’t a myth, any more than anti-scottish sentiments in england. It’s just not what’s driving 50% of the population to vote for independence.

GrahamS

Spot on Northwind.

cupra
    Free Member

Nice to see there isn’t any generalising or stereotyping in this thread 😕

Northwind +1

MrWoppit
    Free Member

In other news: glum tennis star’s “Tweet” ensures booing at this year’s Wimbledon Tennis Tourney…

cupra
    Free Member

Well ‘glum tennis star’ has now received tweets saying they wished he had been killed in the Dunblane incident….. 🙁

bobmac892

+1 Northwind. But fit I dinnae git is fit ‘y they ah ‘ink sir just a bunch o’ kilt wearing, whiskey swillin’ Braveheart wanna dies.

No mention of the awesome Right to Roam and how that opens up the whole beautiful country to Mountain Biking. Remember that chaps, Mountain Biking? The reason we all choose to get together and share our common interest. Oh and to dispel some of the Anti-English sentiment your all welcome in the event of a Yes or No outcome to come up and enjoy some of the cleanest air, best views and starriest skies you’ll ever see.

molgrips
    Free Member

your all welcome in the event of a Yes or No outcome to come up and enjoy some of the cleanest air, best views and starriest skies you’ll ever see.

Why bother? If I have to go to a foreign country I might as well go to Finland instead.

rene59
    Free Member

Yes you will all be welcome. Obviously things will be bad for a while what with the economy crashing overnight, all the rioting, deep violent divisions, mass exodus etc. Just mind and bribe the armed border guards on the way in and you will be fine!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Well, Scotland got independence, thread.’ is closed to new replies.