Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Well, I wasn't going to have a beer this evening
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

But then, while perusing the shelves in Sainsbury's, I spotted a four pack of Moretti priced up at £1.50.

£1.50 for four bottles of top notch Italian stuff, thinks I. Some mishtake, shirley. So, I chance my arm and take two such packs to the till where an ever so cheerful lady served me.

Not an eyelid was batted as I paid £3 for 8 bottles of beer.

Which was nice.

(Later posts may lose any semblance of intellect and lucidity) 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

I would have gone back and cleared the shelf!

nickc

Not an eyelid was batted as I paid £3 for 8 bottles of beer.

Meanwhile decent pubs up and down the length of the country go out of business.*

* not blaming you Capt, merely an observation

white101

(Later posts may lose any semblance of intellect and lucidity)

with all due respect Capn' how would anybody notice on this forum?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

nickc, several local pubs have done rather well out of me recently. Including a rather long lunch at the Malet among others. More than happy to keep good pubs going!

white101. You're my besthtest mate, I loves ya, you knowidoooooo. Wannakebab?

Jamie
    Free Member

with all due respect Capn' how would anybody notice on this forum?

You get the prize for most ambiguous post of the night.

*ponders if white101 means Cpt. talks shite all the time or the denizens of STW are too stupid to notice someones character changing*

naokfreek
    Free Member

Cheese, wine and ale tonight, same as last night…fantastic.

badnewz
    Free Member

The warmer weather means going into a london pub after work, ordering a pint, going outside, then nipping over to tescos for some cheap underhand refills.

white101

Jamie, ambiguity is my middle name, as I say to my looooong term girlfriend 'if you want commitment, get a dog'……….she did

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

They serve Bierre Moretti on the campsite in Finale Ligure. :mrgreen:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well done Captain ! I know that for some people it's important during these hard times not to let a bargain pass them by.

Although rather than Sainsbury's, I'm told that Lidl, represents excellent value for money. Apparently it's a great hit with asylum seekers, benefit claimants, and other low income unfortunates, due to their staggering amount of bargains. I believe they also sell cycling related products, which you might find quite useful. HTH

mamadirt
    Free Member

Burger . . . was just going to alter my online shop but they're £4.24 online 🙁 . . . still good value though I guess.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip, Ernie, but I don't think those shops exist in London. Or at least in the centre of town! Oh, and as to their "cycling related products", I'll stick to local bike shops, thanks! 😉

*Cracks open another cold one*

nedrapier

I know how you feel. I hadn't planned on 4 pints of Guiness and a bloody whopper meal.

Hey ho, you live and learn! Or not.

Coyote
    Free Member

Meanwhile decent pubs up and down the length of the country go out of business

Sad but true.

However, rather than point the finger at the supermarkets look to the greedy breweries who charge extortionate rent, tie the landlords to over-priced supplies and who are basically wringing the life out of pubs.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Nice on, Cap'n.
    Tomorrow lunchtime I shall mostly perambulate in the general direction of my local outlet…

singletrackmind

Coyote . Too true, i got hold of the Enterprise supply price lists. There landloeds have to pay well over £1 a pint for anything not 'mass produced' . Which is why its £3.00+ in alot of pubs, when Enterprise are paying almost half to the breweries themselves.

pjt201
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member

They serve Bierre Moretti on the campsite in Finale Ligure.

Nice, i'm doing the 24h this year.

If that's when you went i've got a quick question about camping there if you've got a minute? We're arriving (by train) on the Thursday morning before the race, do you know when you're allowed to pitch up at the race site (and also when you have to leave)? Or do you have to book a pitch at the campsite there? I've tried looking on the race website, but can find no info at all on it that's useful and i've emailed the organisers, but not sure if they understood my google translate email…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

pjt201
    sorry, can't help you, we went rock climbing there (plan B for escaping terrible weather in the Italian Alps). The campsite we stayed at is pretty much in the centre of town, a short 10min walk to the promanade.

duntmatter
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart, yesterday.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Well, I wasn't going to have a beer this evening’ is closed to new replies.