Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Well after all, plastic bikes aren't that breakable ;)
  • juan
    Free Member

Road bikes with flat pedals is gnar to the power of sick
    He He

Edric64
    Free Member

I think the key to not wrecking this bike is that he is such a smooth rider.He even lands gently

dmiller
    Free Member

Thats pretty impressive stuff!

nickegg
    Free Member

Being a Bristol local i can tell you that the rock slab is VERY steep and the bridge he ride along the top of has a massive drop into the river Avon!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

has the bars tilted really far forward, the ends of them are pointing upwards! Makes it easier for the hops and stuff i guess.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Take it the search button isn't working then??

🙄

juan
    Free Member

Well I kinda figure it out teeto, but what to search for?

Edric64
    Free Member

+1 for that slab being really steep!!

ampthill

Searh for:

The other 2 threads on this…

It also tells us nothing about the use of Carbon in bikes

Carbon is very strong under the loads its designed to take (like in this video). The forces are all directed through the structure in the intended direction

The question mark is about non design loads like rock strikes and crashes

I'm not saying there is a problem with carbon bikes. I'm saying this video doesn't move the debate on.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

juan – Member
    Well I kinda figure it out teeto, but what to search for?

The other threads that posted this about a week ago..

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think Juan meant what key words in the title. I spend far too much time here and I'd not seen it before. I'm seriously impressed by someone backflipping a road bike!

I'm not sure the title was really a reference to the carbon debate, more an eye catcher. Which seems to have worked as I didn't ping this the previous two occasions it was posted!

juan
    Free Member

Yes I meant what keyword. And yes the title wasn't a debate over whether or not carbon is fit for mtb. On that respect there is two possibilities.
    You've got a PhD or a master or you are an engineer in the relevant field and you make your mind accordingly. Or you just do some STW occus poccus with obscure wiki links, crap analogy to F1 and such and make your mind accordingly 😀

ahwiles
    Free Member

awesome video, thanks for the link!

to my shame, i don't think i've ever tried wheelie-ing my road bike…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Well after all, plastic bikes aren't that breakable ;)’ is closed to new replies.