Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Weldtite tubeless patches won't stick
  • chrispo
    Free Member

I’ve tried them with wet, tacky and dry glue and they just don’t stick more than half-heartedly and then come off one there’s sealant in. Any tips/ideas/experience?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Are these the ones you’re meant to use the blue glue with?

If so, no such problem.

chrispo
    Free Member

The tube just says “superglue” on it
    The patches look the same as for tubes to be honest
    I’ve been playing around this evening and they seem to be holding maybe, will run with tubes for a ride and pray!!
    Gotta go celebrate now though

parkesie
    Free Member

Not tried patching yet but my tyre have loads of bits of rubbery sticky string in them.

carlos
    Free Member

Parksie – clean the area to be patched with a spray of brake cleaner, give it a wipe then stick on the pay has normal. Worked for me

parkesie
    Free Member

When the day comes that i need to i will till then patch less repairs before the tyre deflates ftw.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Superglue does not flex so will never work.

project
    Free Member

Rub the tube slightly infated with some sand paper to roughen it up, wipe clean apply a small amount of glue,smear and let dry ,apply anotyher smal amount of glue and let dry, then stick patch on.t

chrispo
    Free Member

OK, I tried the two-layers-of-superglue and ride-the-first-time-with-a-tube method, and the tyre has now stayed up tubeless for a couple of rides.
    Whether the patches are still on, or the superglue or sealant are doing the job, I don’t know without my X-ray glasses.
    Thanks all for your input!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Weldtite tubeless patches won't stick’ is closed to new replies.