Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Weird things you see on the road.
  • MaryHinge
    Free Member

Just driving out towards Ashbourne, Derbys, this evening and happened on a bit of a traffic jam in a rural bit on the edge of the town.

There were 5 camels at the side of the road.

I wasn’t expecting that!

druidh
    Free Member

Mobile road humps?

SaxonRider

Once, when I had just returned to Canada after a visit to my brother’s in North England – having spent a night of two with friends laughing about Canadian stereotypes – I was driving along a highway in northern Saskatchewan, when a large, dark shape on the horizon forced me to slow down.

Once I could make it out, I actually stopped in fear, for standing in the middle of my lane of the highway and looking right at my car was a bloody big bison.

After a few minutes, it finally got bored, and moved off into the fields beyond.

schnor
    Free Member

About five years ago I saw something pink at the side of the road (near wrexham hospital), slowed down, and … **** me … its a dead body. I stopped, got out, had a quick look, and it was some sort of sex toy 😯

It was basically a rubber torso from the navel down to the (exaggerated and over-sized) lady-bits. I’ve still not found anything like it on the intarwebz, because yes I’ve looked 😀

meehaja
    Free Member

A large pile of boxed DVD players,
    A case of wine (that the police returned when no one reported/claimed!)
    three large bags of weed,
    An Alloy wheel with brand new tyre,
    An SD card that contained lots of “interesting” pictures of a lady…

Weirdest though was a young lad running along the embankment at the side of the road in full 50’s style school uniform (shorts, high socks, sandals, cap and blazer) in the middle of no where in yorkshire at dusk. A god 10 miles from nearest settlement. Odd.

I love road riding sometimes!

As an aside, I didn’t find it but a human head was found in the field entrance where my mum kept her llamas.

SaxonRider

More than 1 Elvis = Elvae

bigyinn
    Free Member

Once did the 3 lochs road ride at night and at the North end of Loch Lomond was a small patch of tarmac at the side of the road on fire (a 2″ square). I stopped and watched it, the flame went out and the ground was stone cold where it had been burning.

nickjb
    Free Member

In the middle of nowhere in Western Australia (which even Australians class as far away) I found a USB hard drive in the road. Had a load of photos including quite a few of the owner with their van. We met them a day or so later after they decided to camp in the same lay by as us. She was very confused as she didn’t even know it was missing.

project
    Free Member

I once met a roadie who said hello,

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Meehaja, that were a ghost that.

nwilko
    Free Member

one shoe…
    these are everywhere, but only a single shoe,,, where is the other half to the pair..

_tom_
    Free Member

Saw my fair share of bears crossing the Highway 99 on my daily travels to Whistler bike park 🙂

zippykona

I had a peacock early one Sunday morning outside Geoffrey Butlers south Croydon.

twohats
    Free Member

one shoe…
    these are everywhere, but only a single shoe,,, where is the other half to the pair..

Stick with it…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2hTt2FxIYw[/video]

samuri
    Free Member

toy by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

paddy0091
    Free Member

haha, is that a dobber?

user-removed
    Free Member

As an aside, I didn’t find it but a human head was found in the field entrance where my mum kept her llamas

No photographic evidence, but during a two month tour of France and Spain, my two mates and I had to walk through a field in the middle of nowhere to avoid a huge motorway intersection. In the corner of one of the fields was a caravan, a huge pile of empty bottles, another huge pile of empty tin cans and a mental Alsation dog.

We changed tack, pushing our bikes along a ditch to avoid ‘foresaid crazed dog and came accross three bin bags – each bag was divulging itself of its contents; one had legs, one had a torso and one was the shape of a football.

We held a hushed and hurried meeting at the far end of the field, got back in the saddle and didn’t look back ’til Andorra. 😐

maccruiskeen

Do like that Spike Jonze film.

Weirdest thing I’ve seen on the roadside was a sign in a french forest that said (in english) ‘If you hear a loud whooshing noise don’t look back, leave the forest as fast as you can’

haha, is that a dobber?

that one of those Ergon grips with the built in bar end isn’t?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

We found a dildo on the road up to the entrance to Llandegla. It was a gorgeous pink shiny one too.

totalshell

what i didnt find by the road…
    cycling from haworth to hebby bridge late one night i was stopped by two coppers in a squad car.. ready to plead innocence etc.. i was asked if i’d seen any body parts as they’d found some but didnt have a full set!

CaptJon
    Free Member

charred body of a badger

globalti
    Free Member

As a kid I used to ride my Raleigh Roadster 7 miles each way to my gardening job for £0.15 an hour. One day I smelled something smelly and stopped to find a cow’s head in the ditch with a bullet hole in the temple. After that I stopped most days to have a look at it but it never seemed to change.

marco
    Free Member

Last winter when it had snowed for ages, at the top of Cragg vale where the resevoir is and the ice-cream van, there was a photo shoot involving a very nice young lady in a bikini! She must have been feezing, it was very nippy!
    Also further down the road toward Ripponden last summer, one morning about 8.00am a car at the side of the road with 5 African gentlemen in full white robes & hats stood drinking hot drinks from a flask and smoking ciggies. Very strange place Calderdale

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Two disorientated Alpacas on the M90 just north of Milnathort. I pulled over and called the Police (non emergency line) and relayed the information to the operator. I kept reassuring her that it wasn’t a wind up. Tayside Police’s best Alpaca Detention Team was dispatched…

DezB
    Free Member

That pink think by samuri’s wheel looks like a dildo!! (ref: Khani ) 🙂

khani
    Free Member

Nooooo, it’s a grip off a fixie……
    😳

Pyro

I remember travelling over the A69 towards Newcastle when I was a kid, my mum driving, my gran in the passenger seat. Up on the skyline, just past Hexham, there was the silhouette of what looked like a camel, which I excitedly pointed out to my mum and gran…

…as we got closer, it turned out to be two horses, having it away.

joemarshall
    Free Member

There are always camels around there,just before Ashbourne, they live at one of the farms on the left there.

Someone did tell me why once, I think it might have been something to do with them being used for tv or something.

stever
    Free Member

Naked photoshoot on top of Runcorn Hill. Oh the glamour.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I saw a new shape Mini covered in grass. You know like the van from Dumb and Dumber but grass instead of dog.

Cant say that I have seen any dead body’s. I did see something similar to marco and stever in Sutton Park when I was cycling with my mother, I picked the pace up out of embarrassment.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Weird things you see on the road.’ is closed to new replies.