Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Weird stuff happening in the house!
  • topangarider
    Free Member

The inlaws arrived home today to find their loft hatch partially open (one of those push up ans shove over the sheet of timber types).

Anybody got a logical explanation to this?

They reckon someone’s been in looking in their loft.

Or is it something spookier?

john_drummer
    Free Member

yeah, the poltergeist has been looking in the loft

john_drummer
    Free Member

or, more likely, that’s how they left it

slimjim78
    Free Member

Either, someone has entered the house via the loft/next door partition, someone has entered the house and lloked in the loft, someone has forgotten they looked in the loft, or it was a ghost – which has never been proven.

My money’s on a poltergoose

trail_rat
    Free Member

Gusty ?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

They related to Josef Fritzel? They been hiding someone in the loft an that person has just managed to wear a finger hold into the hatch after a great number of years? It’s more likely than anything spooky.

project
    Free Member

In Chestr a neighbour would clock when his neighbours went out to work, climb into his loft and then drop down into the neighbours houses a few doors down on the terraced street, he was caught, he left sooty footprints.

There was no fire dividing wall in the lofts between each house.

Also on the wiorral a gang where breaking in through the roof of houses with scafolding on and destroying a ceiling to get access to the house, they got caught as well.

Always fit small crank bolts to loft hatches one each side.

iainc

have you got a webcam on your mother in law’s nocturnal activity now then ? 😆

scaredypants

Always fit small crank bolts to loft hatches one each side

what’s small – square taper ?

trevh
    Free Member

dont worry I had that type the damn thing always got caught with the wind and you would walk up the stairs and the loft hatch was missing scared the crap out of us the first few times as it was a well ventilated loft put a brick on top of the loft hatch or a heavier piece of wood job done

sssimon
    Free Member

ours used to open on windy nights and at 2am in the dark I would walk across the landing and smash my head on it (hinged at one side on a magnetic catch

must have happened 6 or 7 times before I fitted a better catch

topangarider
    Free Member

Detached house so that’s out of the question.

Wind thing possible – FiL says it’s tights as normally though.

My sister in law has lost her key to their house – but god knows why anyone would go in their loft when there’s a TV and laptop lying around!

Pook

ours is that type. the wind lifts it as the pressure changes in the house. seconds after a big gust you’ll hear it settle.

IanW
    Free Member

Its a ghost you’ll all be dead in week. Unless of course God chooses to save you, in which case it’ll take longer. I suggest you close the hatch and in words of paris hilton “live every day like its your birthday”, sorted.

scaredypants

Clearly there’s an axeman up there, waiting for them to fall asleep

I guess your FiL could go up and see. If so, in the best tradition of Hollywood, he must not switch on the light before doing so.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Weird stuff happening in the house!’ is closed to new replies.